SmartAppleStore - Avoid - Scam

space238
Contributor
Contributor

I saw an add on Facebook from SmartAppleStore, they had at least 50 comments, the website looked legit I order three items and never received my stuff, the  Fedex shipping confirmation had no delivery address just showing it was delivered to my city, to a pharmacy, signed by someone else, and the weight was  1 LB, one of the items was a laptop!.

Paypal closed my case, Paypal provided instructions to re-open, and they were old/not available.

I tried to get a customer service agent, it seems is going to take hours.

So much for paypal buyer protection, just upload a shipping confirmation and that's it. Unbelievable!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teito23
Contributor
Contributor

You cannot rely on paypal to even protect you cause they been siding with the scammers/ fraudsters they don't care if you got evidence to counter it at all they even been closing cases early without giving any chance to fight back. If you used a card for the purchase you are more than likely able to try to get your money back that way instead over trying to work things out with paypal who won't help you. 

Login to Me Too

space238
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Updates. I tried the customer service chat and just explained about the issues with Fedex confirmation, and received my refunds a few days later.

Try the chat, and if I'm not mistaken I didn't had to chat "live" but was able to add a message and my message was read by a customer service representative.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.