Skype Communications Sarl

rakibe
Contributor
Contributor

🙄  I recently received this bill from Sarl. A company or person I have never done business with in my life. I do not use social media and never buy few things online without knowing what the companies name is as I have had my identity stolen now and am very vigilant to where I am spending anything.

Has anyone else recently or ever received a bill from Sarl? Then tried to contact paypal and they gave no help to you?

☹️

rakibe_0-1579080551673.png

I am wanting to take a poll of how many people have been scammed by this company Sarl and have tried to get paypal to take responsibility for getting hacked. Paypal seems to not want to take responsibility for this. I am saddened by how you are responding paypal. I have been a faithful customer since you began years ago and am stunned by how you are not owning what is happening in the threads I have seen. Anyone else feeling this please post.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

joefox7
Contributor
Contributor

I just had multiple 50 Euro charges on my account from the same fraudulent activity. Did you ever find out where the charge came from? Did Paypal refund you?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rishita

Hi @rakibe, and @joefox7,

Welcome to PayPal Community!!
I’m sorry to hear there’s an unrecognized transaction and I’m glad you contacted us. 
Have you checked to see if this is an unrecognized billing agreement payment? 
Here’s some information on how to locate your preapproved payment agreements.
Here's how to cancel a preapproved payment agreement.
If you still do not recognize the transaction and want to report it as unauthorized, please make sure you update your password & security questions and report any unauthorized activity to us. 
Here's how to report potential fraud.
Here's how to report a billing issue.

Rishita 
If this post or any other information was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

rakibe
Contributor
Contributor

Wow you've done it again PayPal!

Acting like your offering help when you are offering none whatsoever.  Posting some ancient template to the forum about how to search for things yourself, cause your not gonna get a clear helpful answer from anyone at PayPal.

So the 1st link of help, the one that would have been the most help was broke and leads to a page saying,

The page you're looking for is no longer available.

Thanks Rashita. Your so... how would one say it?? Meticulous about how you care about your customers.

When I searched in PayPal using the same question: how to locate your pre-approved payment agreements, here is what i came up with..

I've signed up and paid for a preapproved payment agreement, such as a recurring payment, subscripti...

If you follow the directions none of the suggestions actually come up as you search the pages. IN fact none of the pages are named what the directions says to look for.  SO then again you end u having to spend hours looking for the answer, which i am not willing to spend that much time with the already overwhelmingly busy life i have working 12 hour days. Tech is wonderful for avoidance. In the old days when you called and talked to someone they would often respond and help you based upon the emotional responses they heard in your voice or that you expressed. Now with text and e-mail there is no emotional content beyond what you project into it. You do not have to get emotional involved or participate in any emotional empathy experiences. Its a safer way to not get involved and for companies to act like they care when they do not.  

So It is up to me to go on this rabbit chase on who is charging me against my will under a name that I do not recall authorizing. The company who I have been paying all these years just says, sorry we don't have time to help you with the money you are losing through our services, why don't you spend the next 8 hours reading through our databases looking for the answer.

Rashita I really wish there was a simple way to just find out everyone on a list that I am authorizing payments to. I wish that there was a simple way to look this up through paypal and get a clear answer. Is anyone getting charge by SARL and getting no answers as to what this is or how to figure it out?

Login to Me Too

joefox7
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted paypal. I explained the scenario. They investigated and determined it was all fraudulent (9 charges total)- they reimbursed me within 48hrs. I'm actually quite impressed with how fast they resolved my scenario. Thanks Paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rakibe,

I'm very sorry about the non-working links that were included in the previous response. The "sarl" portion of the charge is not a reference to the name of the company. It's an abbreviation like "inc" or "corp". I'm sorry for the confusion.

The article that you found is for Personal accounts. Please follow these steps to view your pre-approved payments and cancel them if you so choose:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out" and select "Account Settings" from the dropdown.
  2. Click Money, banks and cards on the left.
  3. Click Set Automatic Payments to the right of "Automatic payments".
  4. Click on the merchants name you wish to cancel.
  5. Click Cancel and then click Yes to confirm.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

HCW
Contributor
Contributor

Same has happened to me this month. Out of the blue email stating a payment of £25 had been sent to Skype communications SARL I do not use Skype or have any business with them. I asked PayPal to investigate and they just sent an automated reply that the payment was 'authorised' . They closed the case so I couldn't question this. I reopened another case requesting more help to investigate what it was for and when I supposedly authorised it, but got another automated reply saying it was authorised! I feel totally unspupported by PayPal and stuck as to what to do next. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.