cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skortu

Highlighted
Contributor

Skortu

I ordered a telescope from this company on the 3rd of August. They have not yet notified me of shipment but charged my Paypal account. I have read on the internet that it may be a fake company. I am surprised that they take PayPal if that is true. Has anyone had problems with Skortu.com.

Thanks for the information.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Skortu

I ordered on the 6th of August. Emailed them and got a usps number that hasn't updated since the label was a created.
Highlighted
Contributor

I ordered on August 03, 2020. They also gave me a USPS code that has not been updated.

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm usually better at checking a website out. Noticed they say they are from California but under terms they behold by UK law. Also the name for website owner was in Chinese. I started a fraud claim. I suggest you do the same.
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the tip. Let me know how it turns out and I will do the same.

Highlighted
Contributor

I ordered mine on July 28th and just received it yesterday.  Based on the inquiries and bad press about this website, I was convinced that I was not going to receive it.  So convinced that I filed a dispute on Paypal. 

Well much to my surprise, I received it Aug 29th.  So, some good news.   Paypal case cancelled.  

Highlighted
Contributor

BTW. What did you order and was it good?
Highlighted
Contributor

It was a monocular (i.e., small telescope).  Very cheap.  I would not repeat the purchase.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Well crap. What I got too. Figured it was cheap. I mean 50$+- so kinda expected that
Highlighted
New Community Member

Same i got a very cheap item, no brand name, and it looks nothing like what the site advertises. It is a scam