Skortu

kentp19
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a telescope from this company on the 3rd of August. They have not yet notified me of shipment but charged my Paypal account. I have read on the internet that it may be a fake company. I am surprised that they take PayPal if that is true. Has anyone had problems with Skortu.com.

Thanks for the information.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Eben8
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered on the 6th of August. Emailed them and got a usps number that hasn't updated since the label was a created.
Login to Me Too

kentp19
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered on August 03, 2020. They also gave me a USPS code that has not been updated.

Login to Me Too

Eben8
Contributor
Contributor
I'm usually better at checking a website out. Noticed they say they are from California but under terms they behold by UK law. Also the name for website owner was in Chinese. I started a fraud claim. I suggest you do the same.
Login to Me Too

kentp19
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the tip. Let me know how it turns out and I will do the same.

Login to Me Too

MatejFrantisek
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered mine on July 28th and just received it yesterday.  Based on the inquiries and bad press about this website, I was convinced that I was not going to receive it.  So convinced that I filed a dispute on Paypal. 

Well much to my surprise, I received it Aug 29th.  So, some good news.   Paypal case cancelled.  

Login to Me Too

Eben8
Contributor
Contributor
BTW. What did you order and was it good?
Login to Me Too

MatejFrantisek
Contributor
Contributor

It was a monocular (i.e., small telescope).  Very cheap.  I would not repeat the purchase.  

Login to Me Too

Eben8
Contributor
Contributor
Well crap. What I got too. Figured it was cheap. I mean 50$+- so kinda expected that
Login to Me Too

Tdz02
New Community Member

Same i got a very cheap item, no brand name, and it looks nothing like what the site advertises. It is a scam 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.