Sketchy Seller - I'm protected but now just want to cancel my order

RushNYC
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday, I came across a listing on Craigslist for some stereo equipment I was interested in. Upon responding, the seller said he that he had just left the local area but would ship to me for free if I pay via PayPal. I paid using "Goods and Services" and have documented all communications. I also sent, at the seller's request, a screenshot of the completed payment verification. I also verified with PayPal support that my purchase is under buyer protection. After sending payment the seller did not send a tracking number and is now ignoring all communications from me. 

I also noticed that the listing for the stereo equipment is still posted on Craigslist even though the seller told me that he only had one item to sell.

Suspicious, I just sent an inquiry to the same craigslist address from my partner's email account (different name). The seller responded with a copy/paste of the same email he had originally sent to me, requesting PayPal payment. At this point, I am EXTREMELY suspicious and would rather just cancel the entire transaction. What is the best way to proceed? I am suspicious that the seller is conducting some scam but I'm not sure how he plans on executing it. Advice, please.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.