Size matters!

Lowal
Contributor
Contributor

Hope someone can help. Recently purchased a coat on EBay. Seller used a photo of the designers size guide on the listing. I queried the size - though it was what I was after I had a worry it was smaller than stated. I contacted the seller and asked them to confirm the size. They emailed back to say yes it was as described. Jacket arrived and much smaller than stated. Have asked for refund but seller advises they have a no returns policy and that they sold it ‘in good faith’. I opened a PayPal case and see they’re now saying they measured it and it was ‘approximately’ as stated. Actually they’re 4 inches out with the chest measurement. Should I be worried about getting a refund? Cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lowal

1. Don't eat your head !!

2. Try an appeal.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s-decision-on-my-claim-faq205...

3. Phone customer services to emphasise the problems with item.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

4. If you funded that Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer (if the appeal fails) and see if they will chargeback for you.

5. If the seller is in the U.K as well then look into a small claims court action.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lowal

All you can do is escalate the dispute to a claim and wait for paypals decision.

They do 'tend' to favour the buyer BUT you may have to return the item back to the seller (trackable to prove delivery) before you get that refund.

WAIT for paypal to tell you to do so first though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lowal
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievably they favoured the seller. 

@kernowlass wrote:

@Lowal

All you can do is escalate the dispute to a claim and wait for paypals decision.

They do 'tend' to favour the buyer BUT you may have to return the item back to the seller (trackable to prove delivery) before you get that refund.

WAIT for paypal to tell you to do so first though.

Thanks for that - they found in favour of the seller with no explanation given.  Is there anything else I can do other than eat my own head?  Any advice much appreciated

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lowal

1. Don't eat your head !!

2. Try an appeal.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s-decision-on-my-claim-faq205...

3. Phone customer services to emphasise the problems with item.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

4. If you funded that Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer (if the appeal fails) and see if they will chargeback for you.

5. If the seller is in the U.K as well then look into a small claims court action.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lowal
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that. I’m calming down slowly! Just that sense of ‘what the hell is going on’ and ‘am I going totally mad’. I’ve logged a formal complaint with PayPal but will follow your advice/link. Either that or go on a diet and lose 8 inches from my chest!
Login to Me Too

Lowal
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks for all your advice. I phoned the PayPal customer support line and have been informed that after my complaint about their handling of the claim they are refunding my cash 😁. Hasn’t arrived yet but apparently pending.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lowal

Good news  Smiley Happy

Let me know if you get it ok, (don't forget if you funded it via a card then it may automatically go back to that card once refunded and not to your balance).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.