Signed up to a scam

Emz_123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi folks, I signed up to a free trial to a learning course on a website called shaw academy...there’s a 4 week free trial followed by £50 a month per module. I had intended to cancel prior to the trial ended. I rather naively trusted the reviews on trustpilot etc. Which were all glowing. They asked for a payment method & I put my PayPal address. Anyway a few days in I evaluated the first 4 weeks modules & realised they were all of no use & I tried to cancel. Since then I’ve found no end of people stating it’s a scam they won’t let you cancel & will start taking payments without authorisation. My question is can I stop a payment being taken prior to it happening? I’ve tried everything to cancel it directly with them but to no avail. In some cases this didn’t help as they reactivate the account without consent. Others have simple cancelled their card...but I’d rather not lose my PayPal if I can help it. Thanks in advance for any advice/help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Emz_123 

Thank you for using the community and I hope you are well.

I am really glad that I was able to see your post so I can help you prevent from getting charged for the the subscription that you don't want to continue.

To cancel/manage your subscriptions, please click this Link 

***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Emz_123 

Thank you for using the community and I hope you are well.

I am really glad that I was able to see your post so I can help you prevent from getting charged for the the subscription that you don't want to continue.

To cancel/manage your subscriptions, please click this Link 

***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.