Signature requirement for purchases over $750.00

ramalz220
New Community Member

I purchased an iPhone from Apple almost a month ago. The courier they chose was UPS and the package was supposedly delivered with no signature requirement despite it being over $750.00. At the time of delivery, I was working. The package tracking said driver release, delivered at front door. Well It’s probably not a good idea to leave packages outside an apartment especially in a high crime area. As it so happens, I never received the package and called UPS which said that the shipper (Apple) had to file a claim. I decided to do a chargeback on PayPal and lost because tracking showed delivered. I was told that the signature confirmation requirement is not applicable due to pandemic. I found that to be bs, so I appealed. Well the appeal decision reiterated that the package was delivered according to tracking despite no signature. Moral of the story is to not use PayPal to buy expensive things as you'll be left dealing with your bank for misdelivered/stolen parcels that should've required a signature.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.