Should I open a dispute - cannot deliver parcel and sender unreachable

Maybemydear
New Community Member
Hello, does anyone think that I should open a dispute with the situation regarding my parcel that I paid with using PayPal. The seller is a small company (not an individual on eBay etc). Several weeks ago I ordered a parcel from the Netherlands (UK based) which was shipped via Postnl and then collected via Hermes upon entry to the UK. The parcel requires a signature to be collected. Hermes ‘took on’ my parcel but is unable / unwilling to access my address or divert to another address or parcel shop. When asked why Hermes has stated that due to traffic laws of the road where I live (city centre flat) the courier will not drive near / down the road. I have tried to sort this out with Hermes but they will not pass along my contact details to the courier and I will need to contact the seller. I have also tried contacting Postnl who said the same thing. I have contacted the company three times by email and by phone and after 14 days have not had any response / acknowledgement of my contact. I understand that due to COVID-19 things are slower but my parcel was shipped in very good time but 14 days with no contact is quite a while. Should I open a dispute? The company hasn’t not done anything wrong but I am not getting anywhere with anyone and would ideally just like my parcel! Thank you
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.