Should I mark my issue as resolved?

laimak
Contributor
Contributor
Good Day,

I have ordered an item from eshop and haven't received it for ~ 4months. I've trieėd to contact the seller by email unsuccessfully.
Then, I've opened the claim on paypal and immediately received a message from the seller willing to make a refund for me.

Seller confirmed that they can't make a refund because now my order is blocked on paypal (on their side) Could this possibly be true?

They ask me to close the claim to be able to make a refund. I can't find any "close case" actions, only "mark as resolved". Should I mark it as resolved to make my order active on their side so that they can make a refund? Or should I request money from them?

Please help,

Thank you!

Laimak

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@laimak

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless having a dispute process at all.
NEVER close until you have a refund, if he refunds you then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@laimak

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless having a dispute process at all.
NEVER close until you have a refund, if he refunds you then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

laimak
Contributor
Contributor

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for the answer, I agree with that too.

My problem was solved positively.

Everything was successful.

Thank you once again.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Laima K

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.