Should I escalate claim to Paypal through resolution center

back2JMayer
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute through the resolution center yesterday.  The seller responded and claimed that the item was finally being shipped from China after a two week delay.  I only have until Dec. 3 to escalate the claim to Paypal, but don't think I'll receive the package before Dec. 3.  I have reasons not to trust this seller is telling the truth / to question whether I will ever receive the item and even if I do, if it will be what I purchased so I don't want to do nothing and let the claim close (which my understanding is it can't be reopened).  But I also don't want to escalate it to Paypal when there just hasn't been enough time for the package to reach me.  What should I do?  Should I go ahead and escalate it on Dec. 3?  It so, is there a way to notify Paypal  if the item arrives a few days later?  This is my first time ever having to use the resolution center so any advice is appreciated.  Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@back2JMayer

Escalate it, that gives the seller another 10 days to get the item to you before the claim is resolved.

If the item arrives and is misdescribed (most likely if its from China) then you can CHANGE the claim to 'not as described' DO NOT close it.

Personally for your sake I hope it doesn't arrive and you get a refund, most threads on here about misdescribed items are from cheap 'bargain' sometimes dangerous tat from China.

If it arrives and miracle upon miracle you like it then if you have been refunded you can always pay the seller again.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

back2JMayer
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass - thanks so much!  I never would have purchased from this website had I known it would be coming from China.  The website lists a US address.  Expensive and time consuming lesson learned.  Thankfully I paid with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.