Should I be worried about inspectors knocking on my door if I shipped the return?

Campfires
Contributor
Contributor

So, I bought a phone around 1 month ago. I returned it recently. as the phone literally just died. Like no warning, won't turn on or charge. Obviously the seller wasn't happy, but he would not reply to my messages. Now, he claims that he will open a police report and a postal inspector claim. The problem is, I threw away a lot of the packaging for the phone. He says that the box was empty, and wants me to give him the money. I really don't want to worry about some inspectors knocking on my door because I threw away some foam... what does one false report actually do? I see all these articles of the inspectors being even more powerful than the FBI, and I'm honestly confused right now. I know I won't get convicted or anything, but that's a lot of trouble when I did nothing wrong.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Campfires 

If he doesn't refund then open a dispute for item received but not as described and escalate to a claim providing paypal with your return tracking number. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.