Should I be worried about a claim from buyer?

ck324
Contributor
Contributor

I sold some boat parts on a forum. I was thorough with description of items and condition, including photos. Buyer arranged for shipping and directed me how to package and ship the items to save them money on shipping. Buyer sent me shipping labels, I packaged and shipped as directed. Items confirmed to arrive to buyer and upon inspection found to be damaged. Buyer has been communicating that they are expecting me to help pay for repairs/refund money. They have filed claims with the shipping company, but still expect me to be responsible for repair/replacement costs. Should I be concerned with the buyer attempting to file a claim through PayPal to try and get a refund? I have all correspondence between buyer and myself documented. If they do file a claim, is there any chance they would win the claim?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jae

Hi @ck324,

A customer does have the right to file a dispute up to 180 days after a payment is completed. Here's information about PayPal's Seller Protection. You may also find information about our Protection Policies from our User Agreement. We wouldn't be able to determine or promise an outcome of a case here. 

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.