Shopweo/Chen Heng Tao are fraud companies duping customers from getting a refund

ZiggySquid
New Community Member

I think I have this all figured out about duping us from getting our money back from fraudulent companies and I am so **bleep** that I want my money back, but probably won't get it. Here is the scam. 

1. You order an item that truly is on the verge of being too good to be true so pay through PayPal just to play it safe.

2. You get a confirmation from PayPal and then Shopweo.com sends you confirmation stating the item will arrive within 15 days and they give you a tracking number. 

3. You track the item and it is sitting in its original place for over three weeks. 

4. You contact the company several times on the numerous email addresses that they provide to help with your order to no avail. 

5. You open a dispute for resolution to PayPal after x number of days from not getting any reply from the company you are dealing with stating that you did not receive the item from the company.

6. PayPal contacts the company and PayPal sends you a reply that the situation is being investigated and an autoresponder email is generated from the company stating that the item has been delayed in shipping or given some excuse or even the tracking number again. 

7. Two days later you see that the package still has not left the place it had been sitting since you ordered it so you're content that PayPal will rule in your favor and provide you with a refund. So you relax.

8. 10 days later you receive something completely different from the company that retails less than $1.25 and you have shelled out $60 for. 

9. The same day you get a reply from PayPal that the item with that tracking number had been delivered and therefor you the case is closed in the favor of the company.

10. You try to dispute the resolution or reopen the dispute as an incorrect item sent, but PayPal refuses to open the case because that is their policy.

11. You are pretty much out of luck.

My issue is that now that I found out that I am one of several hundred if not, one of several thousand people who have been duped by this company, why oh why is PayPal still allowing this company to use their services? 

Is there any possible way I can get my money back? I have read that even sending the cheap product back that has nothing to do with what you ordered to the company, in my case, I ordered power tools and received a plastic face mask I can get for $1.09 at 7 Eleven, the company still does not reply or refund. The cost to send this item back is over $20 via USPS. Isn't this is why we use PayPal? It makes me not want to even use PayPal anymore. 

Is there a way to receive a refund?

Okay. Off my soapbox

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sandrac3
Contributor
Contributor
Excatly what happened to me. Except I'm out 121.36. So much for help from pay pay. I'm going to stop using pay pay. My credit card co. is better at assisting in the messed up scam.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.