Shoplauer

mberent204
Contributor
Contributor

I purchase a portable Basketball Hoop from shoplauer.   However reading the reviews some say it maybe a scam.  This company is out of China and going to there web site they don't advertise basketball hoops.   Did anyone else deal with this company if so are they legit.

Login to Me Too
174 REPLIES 174

msypes
Contributor
Contributor

@natenikkiI see no place to enter a case number at www.bbb.org

If you want to people to join forces to get some reasonable action from PP, you'll have to provide more precise information for doing so.

Login to Me Too

natenikki
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry.....working with BBB to get everything set up. Will be following up today
Login to Me Too

Cowgirlash
Contributor
Contributor
Just now seeing the bbb number will be doing it now
Login to Me Too

Jbrand69fergie
Contributor
Contributor
I received the confirmation and tracking # from PayPal. I tried to cancel the order right after that , but money already taken
Login to Me Too

Tbone38
Contributor
Contributor
Just got a refund, after going out of my mind. It appears the message center is the way to go. Leave a detailed message with some info, screenshots. State the item is not as described. It took them a few hours to respond but once I got someone they helped me out. Don’t give up, don’t let these crooks take your money!
Login to Me Too

atebit
Contributor
Contributor

+1 for message center, it took several days and having to endure three or four different agents, but the last one finally relented, changed my case type & issued me a refund.  I appreciate that, but no way ir should've been this hard.

Login to Me Too

blandons4ever
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone hope this helps: These are the steps I followed to get my refund. Opening a case is pointless without this info as these crooks provide a valid tracking number. This is based on my experience after doing some back and forth with paypal: 

1) contact UPS (seems like these thieves have access to ups tracking numbers only) at <removed> (remove the _ for . and the at for @ as i cannot post the email) . This is the email template i sent:

title: tracking number given as my package but does not belong to the item i was expecting

body:

Hello UPS customer service:

would you be so kind to provide information for this shipment:
<insert the tracking the crooks provided>
I have an inquiry open with paypal as the seller claims this item was delivered to me when in reality this tracking neither match the weight of the item I was expecting nor the delivery date. I just need confirmation from UPS showing this package was not delivered to me or my address. My information is as follows:
<your information with your address>

2) About a week or so you will get the confirmation from ups that it is not your package (here is the one i got from them)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us and let us know your concern.

In this case I suggest you contact the sender of the package due to the address you provided and receiver name on the package do not match with the address that the sender provided(address where the package was delivered).

Although I am glad to help you to locate the package, for security purposes I am not allowed to provide the address where the package was delivered.

Our records indicate that the sender for this package <tracking provided by crooks was here> is AMAZON.

I hope this information useful to solve your concern soon and at your best benefit.

Sincerely,
​​​​​​​
Manuel C.
UPS Customer Service Representative.
For quick and easy answers, please visit our UPS Help and Support Center.

3)until you get that (without this email you'll be passed on and told the same from agent to agent) file a claim and attach a png copy of the email. also important to add the weight of the package (i ordered a bike and got a tracking for a 5 lb package sent overnight lol they sure are efficient and love to lose money) then open message center (search message center to access it) and open a conversation with the claim number. 

4)explain the situation and based on the confirmation from ups they should close the case in your favor

5) you will get an email from paypal showing the case has been successfully closed in your favor and that you will be refunded the purchase price

hope this helps. I am at this time waiting to get my refund but paypal already confirmed they will refund it so i have no doubt they will. 

They also mentioned they are flagging this seller as fraudulent so hopefully no one else will be scammed and would have to go through this. 

Login to Me Too

Jblynch1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal eventually decided in my favor and refunded my purchase amount. I filed a dispute and followed up with the message center. It took 24 hours for an agent to get back to me. I uploaded an email from UPS customer service stating the tracking number (Amazon) was not delivered to me or to our address. Amazon provided me an email stating they had no record of an order or a shipment sent to me with the provided tracking number. I also screen shot the UPS shipping record that showed the weight of the package that couldn’t have been what I ordered. If you’ve already opened a dispute, head over to the message center and attach every doc you can find to make your case. The message center is going to want the case number, date of purchase and amount. It takes some work on your part, but you can “earn” your refund if you stay with it.
Login to Me Too

natenikki
Contributor
Contributor
Final got word....paypal had opened a full investigation on Shoplauer. Agent said they will be review ALL CASES. We pushed the right buttons and forced them into action. For those who had their case declined should now have that corrected...cant go into great detail...but WE made enough noise. Thanks to all that supported the class action and the BBB. I f anyone has trouble please keep us informed
Login to Me Too

Cowgirlash
Contributor
Contributor
Hmm the bbb the texas depatment of fradufulant transactions thanks to an ebay purchase i got that link and my news reporter hasseling them maybe they finally got the message
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.