Shocking Paypal Treatment

dtc8
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Community

Before we begin we would like to say we sincerely hope that no-one else gets the treatment we are getting from Paypal, it is disgraceful and stressful.  We are UK residents and will very soon be contacting our Member of Parliament, the Police, Financial Service Ombudsmen/Regulator and a Solicitor to discuss our concerns.

At this moment in time from what we can gather, our account appears to be used as a money laundering device.  Money has appeared in there from random individuals and companies the currency being in dollars, our account was set up in £. Once in our account the money then seems to disappear to other random accounts.

When we first realised what was happening we reported this to Paypal as unauthorised activity and potentially fraudulent   Paypal assured us that this would be dealt with and that we should not be concerned. But transactions kept being made and we continually reported them as fraudulent.  Over the last month we have had numerous emails and telephone conversations with Paypal.

In brief after each conversation with Paypal they assured us that the situation is being dealt with and that it will be resolved.  Disappointingly the situation then escalates to a higher level, to such an extent that we have now been contacted by another part of Paypal and are being threatened by the debt collection team to pay back money we don't owe.

We have never in our lives been in any form of debt, acted in anyway criminally. The debt collection department are now chasing us to pay back 1000's of dollars that we don't owe.  Worst still the debt is growing daily. We are even receiving emails from the people who have had money debited from their account to ours accusing us of being low life criminals!!

If anyone has any advice or has experienced these problems we would be grateful for any comments or help you can give.  As we don't seem to have any recourse except for us to escalate this. In fact if this is happening to innocent law abiding customers then other potential Paypal customers should be made publicly aware of it.

It is clear to us that there are fundamental flaws in the Paypal structure and big disconnects between various Paypal departments. One department saying one thing and another department passing our case to a Debt Collection Team.

Thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read this post.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Dtc8.

Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear of the recent activity that has taken place on your PayPal account. Situations like these can be a massive inconvenience and I can only imagine how concerning this has been for you.

If you have reported this activity as unauthorised through your PayPal account and the claim was refused, I would advise you to complete a full scan for viruses on any of the devices that you have been using recently.

If you can provide us with proof to show that your home computer had some viruses or malicious software present, this may help us with being able to accept your unauthorised access claim.

We would also advise that you report this to your local police so that they can investigate this further on your behalf. If the police require, they can contact us directly and we can assist them with their investigation by providing any information that is required.

If you feel that you are still not getting anywhere with trying to get your issue resolved, you can also file a formal complaint through your account if you wish. This can be done by following the steps that can be found here.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Sherpajames
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve noticed that there is an ever growing Amount of internet fraudulent Companies popping up. There one main denominator is PayPal. 

Question? Is PayPal making money off of these scams. They don’t seem to care that they exist. For instance boat-heaters.com it’s a complete scam. But yet there still there. And if you buy something from there site PayPal has no problem taking your money. You’ll never revive the product, because they aren’t there. I filed a police report but no one cares, I filed with the FCC but they still are there. PayPal will never stop taking your money. Why?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.