Shipping without funds

Tiana1996
Contributor
Contributor

I have emails from a guy wanting to buy my iPhone he said he transferred money from his PayPal straight to my bank then I got a email from PayPal for a receipt and said funds will be released once I have got the tracking number but there no pending funds on my bank or my PayPal is this a scam

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hi @Tiana1996,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal community with your question. What you are describing sounds like a common scam. PayPal payments are not sent directly to the recipient's bank. You should see the funds in your PayPal account and your account balance first.

Do not send the item to this individual until you have confirmed that the funds have been received into your PayPal account. In my opinion, I don't think that will ever happen with this buyer. I recommend canceling this transaction and reporting this individual to law enforcement or to the merchant site you may be using. 

If you have shipped the item and have not received the payment, I recommend contacting the shipping courier to try to intercept the package. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.