Shipping overcharged

openloc
Contributor
Contributor
I was overcharged shipping by eBay Seller. I contacted them to say I hadn't realized they charged for packing/handling. They immediately acknowledged that they had charged me $11.00 too much. After several days of them claiming they were technically unable to refund the money, I filed a case with PayPal, which was summarily dismissed. It wasn't the amount but the principle I had a issue with! Is there another way to handle this kind of situation??
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@openloc 

Its between you and the seller, I'm afraid. Was the shipping cost that you paid presented to you during checkout? Then you were ok with it. Would you pay back the seller if they discovered they undercharged?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

openloc
Contributor
Contributor
Actually, yes, I have paid a Seller extra when they have shorted themselves on the shipping amount! In this case, we had a discussion before it was sent as I asked for it to be sent Priority. She got back to me after sending saying it cost too much, so she sent it ground! It was an antique porcelain doll so I was not happy, but she assured me it was very well-packed. When finally received, it was poorly packed in a much bigger box than needed, and so it was doubly irritating that the postage showed $27 rather than the $39 they charged! I have sold for years on eBay and now Etsy, so I know both sides and don't like to be cheated! 😟
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.