cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Fees

Contributor

Shipping Fees

Hello, I bought clothes from Hompants which I found out is a scam company that advertises quality clothes and material but sends you cheap knock-offs. I sent it to the resolution centre but they are saying I still have to pay for shipping to return the items. I don’t think it’s right and wonder if there is anything I can do. All the PayPal agents are unavailable. I assumed this was a legitimate company because PayPal was connected to it. I don’t think they should be in business with scam artists. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Shipping Fees

@Hducuxhshdjck 

PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so.”

Therefore do your due diligence on researching the merchant/site for bad reviews, scam site reports. If there is no info on them, it’s best to keep it moving and sticking to reputable merchants.

PayPal has a free return shipping program but you’d had to sign your account up for it prior to disputing for this return in order to apply for a return shipping refund.

Alternatively, you may dispute through your charge card if that is how you paid if PayPal dispute resolution is not suitable for your needs.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Contributor

Re: Shipping Fees

Thank you! That’s very helpful.