Shipping Cost

bbboyd33
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a Canary watch and paid for shipping by using PayPal. The vendor shipped the wrong product to me and even admitted that there warehouse shipped the wrong item. Now the vendor wants me to shipped the product back to them. My problem is that I already paid for shipping on my order now they want be to pay for shipping again to shipped it back to them. To get a full refund I told them that they need to give me a shipping label and I will ship it back. Now I turn it over to PayPal to help with this matter. Now PayPal is telling me that I need to ship the product back to them June 15th. or they will close the case. In other words I need to pay for shipping again. Pay Pal is wrong for doing this.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Lilia0522
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same issue. It will cost at the very minimum $14.25 to ship the incorrect merchandise they made a mistake in sending me. Now I have to pay over $14 to get less than $25 back. It’s not right! The seller should pay for the postage back since it was their mistake
Login to Me Too

bbboyd33
Contributor
Contributor
I have over four thousand followers on social media"TikTok." I screenshot all the comments the vendor and I had along with PayPal notes. I am waiting for June 15th. To see if PayPal closes this case and does nothing to help me get the vendor to pay for shipping costs because the vendor shipped the wrong products. Then I will posted all the notes then asked all my follower and there friends how many times has PayPal allow their vendors to **bleep** over us by shipping the wrong products and expect us to paid to ship the wrong product back to vendor. Follow me at @bbboyd33
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bbboyd33 

Paypal is doing exactly what they say they will do in their buyer protection policy.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.