Shipping BROKEN items back to China for a refund?!?!?!?!

Jimi_hendrix857
New Community Member

So Ill try to make this a quick background before asking my question.. So i purchased a few RC digger toys for my son at a price of almost too good to be true (I know, I know, flag #1). Flag #2 (after I ordered) the website NO LONGER EXISTS!!!! https://wncmore.com.. Since they were coming from China they took 3+ weeks (which was expected). I received 3 separate packages (I ordered 3 toys) over about a week timeframe... Now since these toys were coming from thousands of miles away, they would be packaged accordingly.. Nope.. 2 were in a plastic bag (like you would get clothes shipped in) and the other alittle better with a large bubble wrap envelope. Needless to say, these boxes were extremely smashed. The one toy was even broken.. At this point i reached out to Paypal and said I wanted to get a full refund.. A) the description is a far stretch to what they actually are.. and B) Im not paying for a broken toy.. Paypal reached out and filed the claim and even though the seller never responded to me, responded in less than 24 hours to paypal and said sure, we will refund, ship product back to them in China on my dime!!! Im going to ship broken plastic toys half way around the world,, No thanks.. They know that no one would ever do this.. So now I have a claim open but no way of saying NO. Im I unreasonable to think that the seller should take responsibility of this, own up to it and get this resolved??? Im at the point of saying FINE, shame on me for thinking I was going to get a deal here as for the grade of toy I got is about in the ballpark for the price... BUT again I am not going to pay for a broken toy, however inexpensive it was. How do I get Paypal to hear me out on this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimi_hendrix857 

PayPal's policy is this on SNADs: you're not entitled to return shipping costs in the dispute.

PayPal cannot force seller to provide it nor can PayPal refund you more than what you originally paid. PayPal is not going to go into it with you about this. They will not let you keep both items and money to punish the seller. However...

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If PayPal's decision is not to your satisfaction, you may forfeit the PayPal dispute altogether and dispute through your credit card instead, if that is how you paid. Once you chargeback with your credit card issuer, the PayPal dispute is closed and cannot be reopened again and will have to resolve it via card issuer exclusively or hit up the seller again if they even answer. The chinese do not believe in returns. You bought it, it's yours. They figure you are of sound mind when buying so none of this to-ing and fro-ing. My advice is to do research on the merchant/site/product/price to see if it is a reasonable price and reputable seller before buying. If you find no info or is inconclusive, it is best to move on. Anyone can open a shop, buy an ad on social media and open a PayPal account. Buyer beware.

All is not lost, let this be paid tuition on a lesson learned. Stick with merchants you know and who will deliver as described. Can't be roaming free on the net buying from just anyone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Mia08
Contributor
Contributor

Had same issue. Same crappy packaging and same demand for return of item. They were very clear they would not pay return post and it would probably cost in excess of $10 US. Pay pal have now declined my claim as I have not done the return postage. This company has now requested I give then a 5***** rating! How's that for hideout rhinoceros!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Mia08
Contributor
Contributor

After this debacle I will not longer source items from overseas! Not only did the company scam me, and PayPal decline the claim, but the company very upfront asked for a 5* rating. I nearly choked! Feel very let down!

Login to Me Too

TerryUK
Contributor
Contributor

Buying any item from China is a risk, most will ship in a standard grey plastic bag no packing, they will also request buyer pays return shipping,

Unfortunately you had to learn the hard way.

There is a site Chinese where you can shop and they have a protection system like fleabay which can help when you hit these kind of problems. and you generally get a refund and do not have to send item back, this is the only way I shop from China.

The items are either fake cheap or arrive broke , it is a gamble to buy from China

Login to Me Too

jacquem007

I'm out over $93 .......... I really hope I never get this junk. After more than 2 months and no product, maybe I won't.  The "resolution date" keeps getting moved. However, I will never use PayPal again because they aid and abet these chinese rip-offs.  IF this junk ever shows up before I get a refund (HAHAHA), I will pay to ship it back. Shame on PayPal !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.