Shipped from USA Return to China for refund?

kimberlyparis
New Community Member

Has anyone else experienced receiving the wrong products from companies that are shipped to you from the United States but instructions for refund require you to send the product back out of the country - to China - very expensive return shipping costs?  The cost was near $75.00 to return this package. PayPal is awesome and gave me a shipping credit.  Thank you PayPal - Community, does anyone else find this return practice to be really shady -- SCAM?  If products delivered ship from a company in the US - do you think the return should be to an address in the US?  

Puwei Clothing Co., Ltd has agreed to issue a full refund of $125.65 USD, once you return the item(s) associated with this transaction. The item has to be sent to the following shipping address:  Puwei Clothing Co., LTD, <removed>

Case ID:PP-D-98493868Disputed amount:$125.65 USDTransaction ID:3H478160XD3525847Transaction amount:$125.65 USDTransaction date:August 24, 2020Seller name:Puwei Clothing Co., Ltd

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kimberlyparis 

Hi,

Yeah, there’s plenty of such incidents. They keep US warehouses. They go through great lengths and expense to do this or it could just be a snafu on your order. No one knows for sure. Do thorough research on the merchant/site for bad reviews or anything suspicious before buying or stick to the reputable merchants. If you shop around long enough you can recognize scam shops/merchants from a mile away.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.