Shipped by MANUAL (is it a scam?)

kogepan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So I bought something from a seller and paid through G&S. And the seller said it was shipped.

On paypal it only says  "Sent by MANUAL" with no tracking info.

I emailed the seller several times and after almost 2 weeks they responded saying they didn't get tracking on the shipment. That was ok with me, but then I asked for the company they used to ship so I could check if there were any possible delays in shipping (this if from CA to IL) since it should not take this long.

They would not give me any more information. I told them that if I got no information after 14 business days I wanted a refund, and if no refund was give I would file a dispute.

All they said is they shipped it, but never gave me the shipping information I asked for. Is it a scam? Should I wait longer before filing a dispute?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Aervin15
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever figure out what this meant or if it’s a scam?
Login to Me Too

kogepan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it was a scam

Login to Me Too

Nlopez3000
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an item 02 May 2021, got the same information on my PayPal account saying shipped by MANUAL and provided a number. To date 17 May 2021 have not received the merchandize or any status as to were the package is. Tried all the links provide on the page but no luck. 

Looks like this has been going on since 2019 do we have any resolution if this is an issue or a scam.

Login to Me Too

kogepan
Contributor
Contributor

In my case it was a scam. I filed a dispute and because the seller had no proof of shipping I got my money back.

Login to Me Too

minglun
New Community Member

hello, may i ask how long did it take you to get your money back after reporting an issue? thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

Brandon1997
How long did that take?
Login to Me Too

Temp20220817B
Contributor
Contributor
How did I get ur money back? I just got scammed to
Login to Me Too

Granna6x
New Community Member
I think I have been scammed as well. Bought a magic broom that said last day to buy? Anyway they sent no confirmation email with my order number. I opened a case but PayPal said it wasn't valid. I guess to soon. I will again soon. You should also if you paid with PayPal. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

1Looney1
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered raised planter boxes May 1. I never got them. It just sai Merchant was the shipper. I checked by the link you provided the shipping details. It stated they were delivered on June 2nd. I filed a dispute and got an immediate response from PayPal they were refunding my money. I'm glad I'm getting a refund. Thanks for the link.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.