Shipment was stuck on customs for more then 3 months.. Can i get a refund from seller?

foxm112
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I purchased a coffee machine and a grinder from UK for more then 2000£ on 21/05/2020 The seller ship it with FedEx priority after 5 days with schedule delivery 10 days Its supposed to deliver by 6/6/2020 The shipment arrived to FedEx facility and its status changed to "Hold for customs" From that date its status didn't changed... The carrier ignore my Emil's I did contact the seller but nothing happened and he did start ignoring me after couple of days !!!!!!!!!!! After two months of patience I did opened a dispute on 19 August and escalated it to PayPal for a full refund... The status of the case now is "Under Review" And the estimate resolve case is on 21 September... Today "9 September" the status of the shipment are changed to Customs release !!!!!!!!!!!! After 4 months they released the shipment !! But my patience are done i dont want the shipment anymore they can return it to the seller All that i need is the refund... So my question is Can PayPal decide the favor to my and refund me based on the late shipment ?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If eventually you do get the item you had purchased then PP most likely will not process refund. 

Login to Me Too

foxm112
Contributor
Contributor
First thank you for reply.. I didn't get it still no delivery scheduled ... The Delivery time was on 6June but the carrier hold my shipment for more then 3 months !!! Why all that late ? It's the carrier responsibility not mine...!! If i take it and found out the coffee machine are corrupted or the grinder there's no warranty from the seller because simply he's ignoring me !!! Btw... The shipment has insurance on it.. So if the package are damaged the seller will benefit from the insurance and i will lose my money
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you haven't gotten the item, then you can file dispute (escalate to claim thereafter) for item not received. Then when and if item arrives and is substandard then you can change (with customer service help) to item substantially not as described.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.