Shenzhen Soweway International Logistics Co Fraud

KellySQuestions
Contributor
Contributor

Could someone advise me, in this time of CoVid19 closure of PayPal phone helpline, how to continue fighting for my fraudulent claim that placed 95USD charge on my account? Last written instruction from PayPal, was to mail back the  broken,worthless piece of plastic I was sent to Hong Kong and send the tracking number verifying I did so. Have original receipt which is in no way representative of my shipment but cannot seem to get traction with company.

Should I take dispute to CC company instead? Thanks In Advance!

Login to Me Too
347 REPLIES 347

Zorrie67
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a sink stand back in April 12 , 2020 and i am still waiting for it. When i email the seller at first it kept saying it had shipped, so i waited some more . Then another month later i emailed again and they responded that it shipped but no label had been created and that because of the virus many of their orders were either delayed or returned. So now am emailing them and they cant even receive anymore emails because it says that they've exceeded the amount of emails allowed ! What the heck is that ? I paid $28.88 and expedited shipping for what ?? I want my refund because i am obviously not gonna get my order. What can i do ???

Login to Me Too

Montana_girl
Contributor
Contributor

Is your Paypal account tied to a credit card?  IF so, contact them to reverse the charge.  IF not, please read some of the other posts for suggestions as to what they are doing?

I'm sorry,  this is what this fraudulent company is doing.  We are all hoping Paypal will take the initiative to credit back all the orders placed thru them to this company which is probably magical thinking.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Do you see all the shoe ads they have on FB? There must be 8-10 different company names on there. I google the name and in most cases it's a new company ( under 4 months old). Also, when asked where they are located they never answer. I ALWAYS comment. I tell me its a scam, they're from China, they are cheap. Anything to stop them. Tru it!
Login to Me Too

Montana_girl
Contributor
Contributor

I put the message on my FB page.  If they can not give you the location, their return policy and if they insist on using Paypal, those would be a few clues.  If asked if their company is Shenzhen----- and they don't answer, that's another clue.

There are a few China based companies I have ordered thru with no problems.  Their website is consistent, their tracking numbers and estimated arrival dates are right on, and they have a return policy.

Hopefully with enough of us creating headaches for them, they will cease to exist---:)

Login to Me Too

Kai97
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same experience. I ordered a putting practice mat on Apr 30 after seeing a FB ad. After 2 weeks I saw this thread and realized that it's a scam. I immediately sent an email to them and raised a dispute with PayPal. After one or two days, they created a shipping label (after contacted by PayPal I believe). I finally received the package today (Jun 15). Unsurprisingly it contains 3 unbranded golf balls, not the putting mat (the same as reported by other users of this thread).

Immediately PayPal closed the dispute and changed its status to 'Resolved'. I tried to search the reporting options on the PayPal page for escalation but there simply are no options to report what I received is not the same as my order.  So PayPal closed all avenues for me to use their protection scheme (as advertised on their web site) to claim a refund.

It seems to me PayPal is collaborating with this Shenzhen company. It does not make sense that PayPal still allows this company to use their platform after so many users complaining. Not sure what we can do but PayPal is not an honest company. I've decided not to use their service anymore to avoid future loss.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I'm going to notify the Postal Authorities because they are using the USPS in the scam. I also reported this to Econsumer.gov and reported both companies.
Login to Me Too

Montana_girl
Contributor
Contributor

I've got my label if you need it.

Login to Me Too

sharonmiller
New Community Member
I ordered from this company never received any item and was charged this was weeks ago. How can I get a refund
Login to Me Too

LVS142
Contributor
Contributor

In order to increase your chances of getting a refund (which I was just able to do), I would recommend the following:

1. dispute the transaction - I don't remember how I did this, so google it or go into PayPal FAQs to find the exact process. Do this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. There is a time limit.

2. have lots of evidence. I sent in pictures of what was promised (from the ppyfood website and Facebook caches) and a picture of what I received - with a ruler for scale.

3. explain everything VERY CLEARLY. Make it short, make it factual - do not blame or get angry. Just stand by the basics: I ordered X, I got Y, I want 100% refund.

4. the "company" gets a chance to refute it - they offered me a 10% refund, then a 25% refund, then a 50% refund, then they stopped answering. I responded each time very factually. Do NOT get angry and do NOT blame. Take the higher road.

5. stay on top of this - I responded each time within 24 hours. Yes it's work, but if you want a better chance of getting your refund, do it. The company in question AND PayPal need to see that a) you are reasonable and b) you won't go away. Be persistent, be firm, be polite.

6. take screenshots and be prepared to keep a file of everything - document everything - keep copies of your messages with PayPal. I will also add here that it's very weird that a) you con't download a PayPal help message thread and b) there are no dates embedded in the messages. This seems cagey to me, but that's another soapbox. Document everything, and keep your own copies. 

7. be polite, be factual, be firm, be consistent - you get the idea.

Be a thorn in their side - but a polite and firm one. Stay on top of everything. Don't blink, and good luck. I'm still hoping that this refund (which is now the second time it has been "refunded") will actually show up this time...)

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I hope you win this battle. Today I was advised by the USPS to report this to the Postal Inspectors. Because they are using drop shipment companies but requiring the item be returned to China is a big No No. Maybe we can get all responsible parties, including PayPal, shut down. I will be giving information on all three company names that they use. Be ready to be contacted. Keep all bags or boxes that your item arrives in. That will help prove what they are doing.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.