Shenzhen Soweway International Logistics Co Fraud

KellySQuestions
Contributor
Contributor

Could someone advise me, in this time of CoVid19 closure of PayPal phone helpline, how to continue fighting for my fraudulent claim that placed 95USD charge on my account? Last written instruction from PayPal, was to mail back the  broken,worthless piece of plastic I was sent to Hong Kong and send the tracking number verifying I did so. Have original receipt which is in no way representative of my shipment but cannot seem to get traction with company.

Should I take dispute to CC company instead? Thanks In Advance!

Login to Me Too
347 REPLIES 347

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Joe.... PayPal has changed. They are all about the money they get from the scammers. While you're on this community page look up TSL Co. They are the same company you bought from...just one of many names they use. The complaints are the same. Go through your credit card company. They will refund your money. File a complaint with Econsumer.gov and include PayPal in the complaint. They are part of the problem.
Login to Me Too

Joe_In_PA
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I paid entirely through PayPal as PayPal credit is my pay default. A credit card company would have backed my transaction. PayPal needs to do the right thing and also block this vendor / scammer
Login to Me Too

Joe_In_PA
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you cdrollinitis though.
Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
You're welcome. I hope you file an online complaint with Econsumer.gov.
Login to Me Too

Montana_girl
Contributor
Contributor

exactly.  This is their MO.   They can claim the customer received something and show a tracking number, or claim to send it back at your expense.  They count on customers will just not deal with it, meanwhile, the small orders multiplied by say 500,000 is a nice little income.

Anyone using Paypal should only connect the account with a credit card.  Thank goodness I did.  

and why is paypal not responding ???

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I don't think PayPal cares anymore. Ever since Jeff Bezos sold it to Ebay they've been different. But, there are thousands of complaints over this scam company and all their other names they use. Facebook won't remove them either so they must make a good chunk of money for advertising. That's okay. I will never but from a FB ad again When I see their ads, I leave many nasty comments on every page And I haven't used PayPal since November. And.... I reported them both to Econsumer.gov
Login to Me Too

IanSHunt
Contributor
Contributor

After numerous submissions that were rejected by PayPal - you know, the item was delivered, you got what the advert deceptively described; I finally got through to an on-line chat for 1.5 hours. It went through 3 agents before I got to their disputes resolution person.  Gave her the whole story - fraudulent advertising and practices, thousands of complaints on the Community Page (do they ever look at it?).  Asked why PayPal are dealing with this company, but got no direct answer.  However, what she did say is that PayPal will contact Shenzhen Soweway and if they will not supply all the items shown in their advert or do not reply within 20 days, PayPal will refund me the full amount I paid.

So folks, get onto their feedback line and live chat - maybe then they'll do something about this company and others they trade as.

Login to Me Too

Montana_girl
Contributor
Contributor

Good for you!!

Login to Me Too

LVS142
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here as above and... they issued a "refund" (after they finally agreed, after many emails through the dispute resolution center) and then it was immediately 'declined' with no further recourse available because the way PayPal has been programmed, the case is now considered "resolved" because the refund was "issued". Seriously though - since the refund was declined, it really never went through. These scammers know how to work the system. I think PayPal just cares about the kickback. I'm glad my purchase was small, but I plan on fighting this as much as possible. Boo to PayPal for continuing to allow this scammer on their platform. You would think that they would care about the integrity of online commerce. AND I reported the vendor site to Shopify as apparently they are hosted there (or may not be, in which case they are stealing Shopify's logo and Shopify should also shut them down for that...)

Login to Me Too

lamped12
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been conned by these people.  Instead of a ball launcher they sent me a tennis ball.  I think it is absurd that Paypal expect me to spend out more money sending this back when quite clearly 130 people have had problems.  This company is quite obviously fraudulent and Paypal are not doing anything to stop them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.