Shenzhen Renyi Network Technology Co Ltd - Purchased Fairy Statues

blueswitch
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased metal sculptures from this company and requested a refund as I found out they do not have the distribution rights to sell these items. I have not received the product nor at this point do I expect to.  I have not gotten any response back from the company. 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blueswitch 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.
If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dzpups
Contributor
Contributor

I stupidly did the same thing.. opened a dispute.. and still says pending.. errrrr... not happy.  Have you had any results ???

Login to Me Too

blueswitch
Contributor
Contributor
Well, so far I got an E-mail that the product has shipped and Pay Pal has denied my dispute. The seller has not responded to any of my E-mails. The saga continues unfortunately. Keep me posted on your end!
Login to Me Too

dzpups
Contributor
Contributor

will do.. i keep posting everywhere..to show folks..i trusted that facebook - who i saw the ad thru.. verified there advertisers.. can live without getting scammed each day..uggh.. was so excited to get these.. **bleep** it !!!

Login to Me Too

blueswitch
Contributor
Contributor

I never received the product. I went to my credit card company and they felt that it was not acceptable that the company did not reply to my E-mails and they reimbursed me for the full amount of my purchase. I sent them the same information I sent to Paypal. I also sent a fraud report to the UK agency recommended by the artist who created the statues. Paypal took down my post with the information and links to report them.

Login to Me Too

blueswitch
Contributor
Contributor

I also bought these through Facebook. I reported all the companies selling them to Facebook as none of them have the artist's permission to reproduce them. I also saw them on Ebay which owns Paypal!!

Login to Me Too

KKringle
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased four if the metal faeries and received plastic thistles and flat laser cutouts of the faeries. This company used photos from statues in Trentham Gardens in the UK. What I received were cheap plastic and poorly made faeries which bore no resemblance to the advertised product. If you see any one selling these report them as soon as possible. PS the real ones are all metal and coated to prevent rusting. The Chinese ones the metal will rust and the thistles will wilt in the sun from UV. Overall a very disreputable company.
Login to Me Too

blueswitch
Contributor
Contributor

I have still not received the product and if it is what you say I am returning them and getting my money back!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blueswitch 

Glad you got your money back from your card issuer, however can i point out that ebay does not own paypal and has not done so for years.

As you have a refund you don't need to return the tat you received from your Social Media purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.