Shenzhen Lijuan Trading Co., Ltd is a joke!

jpasek
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two different puzzles from this company on August 18th.  I got them today and not only are they bad quality, I got two identical puzzles which aren't even the puzzles I ordered!  I filed a claim with Paypal, but after reading all the reviews on this company I'll be surprised if I get my money back.   The confirmation email I got from the is from purpletemptation.com.  The website is no longer active.  This is such a joke.  I try to not buy items from China but they are very good at hiding the fact that they are coming from China.  I hope I'm not out my $60.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

AnnoyedinRI
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I've had the exact same experience. Ordered 2 puzzles from Shenzhen Lijuan Trading Co, what finally arrived were 2 completely INCORRECT puzzles that I did not order - garbage.  PayPal responded finally, with this in summary:  Seller agrees to refund $30 (which is only 1/2 of what I paid) OR, I can send the garbage puzzles back to China AT MY OWN EXPENSE and when they receive the items, they will give a full refund.  WHAT??? I'm sure they'd be honest and let me know when they receive the items... right...

Did you keep the outer packaging from your order?  What's interesting to me is that while I know these came from China and that this is clearly a Chinese-based fake company, the return address from the package that arrived to me was YDH Int'l Inc in Valparaiso, IN.  Doing a search of that company, Better Business Bureau gives them an F and says "BBB cautions consumers from doing business with YDH INT'L INC".  And PayPal is partnered up with them!

I hope you have a better outcome through PayPal than I seem to be having, but I wouldn't count on it.  PayPal, even with Dozens and Dozens of complaints about this company, is clearly siding with the fake scammy Chinese company over it's end users.  I guess having a terrible customer service and a junk reputation is something PayPal is ok with.

Login to Me Too

lfw1

I, too, was taken by this fake Chinese company. Bait and switch is a big part of it. I received smaller items than ordered plus they were flimsy. Same scenario, I tried immediately to send back but they wanted to give me 10% back and keep items (paid $52) or send back to CHINA at my own expense, at least $20 shipping. I then began my claim to PayPal but when my actual credit card used through PayPal was another company I had to file with them (Bank of America...I hate them now). After proving to them over a period of over 2 months, BOA and PayPal sided with those scammers. I just want other people to be aware and stay clear of ordering online from companies unknown. first do your background check on them, reviews, etc. I learned my hard-earned $52 lesson!!

Login to Me Too

jpasek
Contributor
Contributor

First they offered me a $30 refund.  I refused and said I wanted a full refund. I would have accepted the refund if I would have at least received one of the puzzles I ordered.  A couple of weeks later they offered me a full refund if I returned the puzzles to China.  The shipping cost to return them would have been $60 or more.  After reading others comments in this forum, I saw one person state they called Paypal to discuss their case and got a full refund.  What did I have to lose?  I called Paypal.  I had to wait for them to call me back, which they did in about 15 minutes.  The very nice young lady was extremely understanding and agreed with with.  She gave me a full refund without having to return the puzzles.  She also said she would start an investigation into this company.   I'm going to be very careful with purchases in the future.  I always thought that I was safe paying through Paypal.  I did get a refund but it was a long process and might not be as lucky the next time.

Login to Me Too

lfw1

Did you ever get a resolution on this in your favor?

Login to Me Too

jpasek
Contributor
Contributor

I did receive a full refund after I CALLED Paypal and told them what happened.  When I tried via messaging they weren't going to give me a refund.  Give them a call.  Hopefully, you'll get one too!

Login to Me Too

Brent8999
Contributor
Contributor

They are a fraudulent company.  I ordered a Laser Engraver, and they sent me a cheap pencil engraver.  Shipped through Amazon fulfillment. 

No response from the email request for a refund.

Login to Me Too

Blue1307
New Community Member
Same issues here. I ordered a laser engraver from them. Didn’t receive anything for months. No one would respond to emails so I filed a PayPal claim, which was denied because they sent them a tracking number. I finally received my package and instead of a laser engraver I received battery powered pen that you can buy on amazon for $5. Guess I’m out my $30
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Blue1307 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
If you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you as its for a different reason.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brent8999
Contributor
Contributor

To let you all know, as I created the dispute, and requested my money back, Shenzhen made a counter offer for $14.  I rejected the offer, and then PayPal refunded the entire amount of $40. Looks like you just need to be diligent, and Paypal will stand up for you.

Brent 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.