New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I also bought the battery-powered mini chain saw. They sent me a simple pruning saw instead. No success in trying to reach the company (their email has been disabled). Haven't seen the ad any more. Another Life Lesson: don't buy anything from FaceBook ads.
Here's how I dealt with mine:
- Do not negotiate with the seller directly. They are running a scam and have nothing to offer you.
- Do not pay for return shipping that costs more than $30. It is pretty easy to get a return shipping refund for $30 or less from PayPal, they don't treat it as a dispute.
- File a dispute with PayPal and/or your credit card company.
- If it is worth your time, keep after them and PayPal will issue a refund. You have to be persistent. If they decline your claim, keep contacting customer service. (I used online chat.)
- PayPal is responsible for choosing to do business with these scammers. They KNOW this is happening. I linked to these posts in my dispute, and it has grown by at least 10 pages since then.
- PayPal is not interested in earning your trust, but they will pay refunds to cover their assets if the evidence is too strong.