Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd - scheme/fraud

NoelDC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I ordered an item from this site, <removed>  Instead of sending me this they sent a wrong item that is much lower in value.  The seller acknowledged that they sent the wrong item.  The refused to send me the correct items so I asked for a full refund.  Now they want me to ship this back to China at my own expense.  They are only willing to refund 30% of of what I paid for if I agree to keep the item.  I said no, just want me refund.

As you can see this website is a scam, because the website owner does not ship the items.  The scam is that they take your money, send you an inferior product which costs more to ship back, so that you will accept their partial refund order.

I don't know how Pay Pal expects me to resolve this.  It seems like they are abetting this type of scam by not requiring the seller to offer a full refund and pay for the return shipping. 

Please help if you know how to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
231 REPLIES 231

Mikey8272
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happen to me and Paypal is a **bleep** crook, a criminal enterprise in league with fraudulent sellers. Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd  is committing theft by deception using PayPal as the financier. i have never seen more blatant criminal activity without a company taking measures., PayPal are complete and utter criminals just like Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd . Over 400 people have complained about Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd taking their money via paypal and not giving them the product they ordered . I am tweeting this circumstance every single day until the day I do not breathe anymore. My Facebook a has an ongoing banner describing this situation and advising no one to do business with Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd  or PayPal. They should be dragged out in the street and hung. 

Login to Me Too

Patton2
Contributor
Contributor
Class action, no other way. I wonder how many other scams they have allowed to continue/operate AND side with the scammers?
Login to Me Too

Patton2
Contributor
Contributor

This had CLASS ACTION SUITE written all over it. Do you hear us PayPal!?! You have allowed crooks to operate within your system and turned a blind eye, by hearing all of these valid complaints posted ON YOUR COMMUNITY WALLS and doing nothing to refund your customers you are part of the scam and you are responsible. 

How many official complaints regarding this one illegitimate company are you going to ignore? Where is our protection you promise? 

I believe it’s time to let the courts decide.

Login to Me Too

EquineJen
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue and PAYPAL sided with THEM!!!!!! shame on YOU paypal

Login to Me Too

bev42
Contributor
Contributor
Ring Paypal, I did and got full refund.
Login to Me Too

angelo619
Contributor
Contributor

you were lucky, I spoke to them on the phone and they told me that they will not do anything as I have not converted the dispute for "object to send" the item into a complaint within 20 days. Too bad that when I opened the report I had not yet received the item and therefore I could not know that they would send me an item that was not what I ordered. I sent messages and phoned but there was nothing to do. I also reported the scam but apparently they don't care.

Login to Me Too

mmw09
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing, same product. We need to be sure to report the ads for the PIXEL-X store to the websites that show their ads too - Facebook and Instagram. I got snagged by an Instagram ad. The fact that one can pay by PayPal creates a level of perceived security and validity to the vendor the just simply is not true.

Matt

Login to Me Too

CW78
Contributor
Contributor

This was my exact experience. I carefully gathered photos, receipts, and proof to submit a dispute to Paypal. Paypal required me to ship the inferior/ incorrect item to China as my only option. It would have cost $40! I stated that I did not ship it and Shenzhen refused to provide a pre-paid shipping label. Paypal replied that I LOST the dispute. I've used Paypal for TWENTY years and could not believe this. 

Paypal may as well have gone to China and made an announcement that this scam would be profitable and that Paypal would help. It's easy for any scammer:
Step 1) Advertise item worth $40 - $50 at $30

Step 2) Accept $30 via Paypal

Step 3) Mail out $5 item that is nothing like the $40 item you advertised

Step 4) Refuse any refunds, except maybe $3 or $5 if the person is really pushy

Step 5) Wait for Paypal to have your back - they want to make sure you keep your hard-earned $30 through your successful scamScreen Shot 2020-10-20 at 11.40.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-20 at 11.40.39 PM.png

Login to Me Too

baitnswitchvic
Contributor
Contributor

I was refused a refund for over a month via some bot.  I finally spoke (wrote "author") to a real person via the FB PayPal page-completely refunded and I did not have to return the item. 

Continue to dispute.  You can reopen claim/dispute.  There are instructions in this section on how- take a deep breath and scroll through them. 

It's work (primarily time) but you'll get satisfaction if you persist.

Login to Me Too

CW78
Contributor
Contributor

The issue is that Paypal should be protecting consumers from these scams. Requiring a person to keep chasing down their $30 isn't reasonable. I've already spent more than $30 worth of my time on it. At this point, it's not about my $30. It's about Paypal facilitating a scam company taking $30 from a huge group of people. I barely blame the scammers for making money this way if there are huge US corporations helping them along.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.