Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd - scheme/fraud

NoelDC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I ordered an item from this site, <removed>  Instead of sending me this they sent a wrong item that is much lower in value.  The seller acknowledged that they sent the wrong item.  The refused to send me the correct items so I asked for a full refund.  Now they want me to ship this back to China at my own expense.  They are only willing to refund 30% of of what I paid for if I agree to keep the item.  I said no, just want me refund.

As you can see this website is a scam, because the website owner does not ship the items.  The scam is that they take your money, send you an inferior product which costs more to ship back, so that you will accept their partial refund order.

I don't know how Pay Pal expects me to resolve this.  It seems like they are abetting this type of scam by not requiring the seller to offer a full refund and pay for the return shipping. 

Please help if you know how to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
231 REPLIES 231

fred2720
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly!  Just the process of filing this complaint cost me far more in time than I could hope to recover.  The fraudulent product that I received was already worth less than how much I earned in one hours time.  This is about an American company who is enabling, promoting, facilitating, and profiting from a Chinese-government owned and operated criminal enterprise.  We have already provided Paypal with a dossier of real time cases of this collusion in action.  How much further will Paypal go with their participation in victimizing the very people that they claim to protect?  They continue to handle our complaints in an arbitrary and random process designed to wear us down while reversing only a few select—particularly vocal—cases by refunding their money.  It is corrupt, criminal, and Paypal needs to account for their role.

Login to Me Too

Sparky883
Contributor
Contributor

Time for all of us to file a claim with the FTC! Fair Trade Commission! 

Login to Me Too

temp20210714c
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed , ordered a 17in life like doll, received a 50cent piece of plastic junk, I paid 17.25 to ship back, which made my total 58. 20, Paypal sidded with the scammers and now I have lost it all, nothing to show for my money. I thought PayPal was supposed to protect from scammers, seems they  are part of the problem. Can't even get to talk to anyone on the phone

Login to Me Too

gwd102
Contributor
Contributor

I have had exactly the same experience. Very unhappy with PayPal's failure to address what is obviously an intentional scam. I was shipped a few flimsy pieces of wood in a flat mailer (which, by the way, was postmarked from New York State -- not China). Paypal's "resolution" to this issue is that the seller will refund my $24.98 only after I spend $27 shipping the pieces of wood back to China. In failing to address this, PayPal is clearly aiding and abetting the seller's fraudulent activity.

The seller (working with someone within the US to cut down on their shipping costs) sends some scrap wood worth a dollar or two, but collects $24.98 for what is represented as a large, full featured lap desk. They agree to offer a partial refund (first $9, then $12 when I pushed back). They are aware that most people will accept the first or second offer, so they profit anywhere from $10 to $12 dollars and can continue taking in unsuspecting victims. 

Just venting, as I am doubtful PayPal will step up and do the right thing here. Incredibly frustrating that they tout "Purchase Protection: Protection you need, peace of mind you deserve," and they then fail to step up when they are assisting in an undeniable fraud scheme. 

Login to Me Too

CSmith354
I ordered a cordless handheld chainsaw and received a manual knife. They only want to give a portion of refund which is **bleep**! You DIDNT have any trouble taken the higher dollar amount out of my account and then shipped the cheap MANUAL handheld. I want the tool that I ordered. Or a full refund
Login to Me Too

PostmanRob
Contributor
Contributor
That’s exactly what I got! Blooming cheek PayPal should be doing something about this!
Login to Me Too

darkfader123
Contributor
Contributor

I have had no replies at all from these scammers in spite of using 3 different contact addresses. No tracking number, nothing! Emails either unanswered or bounced back from a Chinese Postmaster as 'undeliverable'. I've just escalated this with PayPal to a claim as 'item not received'. Lets's see what happens...

Login to Me Too

Geo_Garcia
Contributor
Contributor

11 Pages of complaints and they haven't been removed from Paypal, What's wrong with this picture, And yes they scammed me too...

Login to Me Too

Geo_Garcia
Contributor
Contributor

So after a little over 40 days of back and fourth with Paypal and the scammer i got a full refund without returning anything, These things are going in the trash.

Login to Me Too

CanuckPete
Contributor
Contributor
Gonna burn mine when this is all over!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.