Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd - scheme/fraud

NoelDC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I ordered an item from this site, <removed>  Instead of sending me this they sent a wrong item that is much lower in value.  The seller acknowledged that they sent the wrong item.  The refused to send me the correct items so I asked for a full refund.  Now they want me to ship this back to China at my own expense.  They are only willing to refund 30% of of what I paid for if I agree to keep the item.  I said no, just want me refund.

As you can see this website is a scam, because the website owner does not ship the items.  The scam is that they take your money, send you an inferior product which costs more to ship back, so that you will accept their partial refund order.

I don't know how Pay Pal expects me to resolve this.  It seems like they are abetting this type of scam by not requiring the seller to offer a full refund and pay for the return shipping. 

Please help if you know how to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
231 REPLIES 231

CanuckPete
Contributor
Contributor

Took a while but I got through. When I was in the automated response loop, instead of choosing any of the options, when it asked me what i wanted, I kept replying, “To speak to an agent”, instead of the options they gave me. After doing that a few times in a row, the system put me through. Did this twice...first time I waited for the customer service rep to pick up. One hour...no pickup yet and I had to hang up. Second time, selected the “We’ll call you back” option. They did call back in about 20 minutes. Well worth it. Rep (Paula) was fantastic. When I asked for the address to return the junk, was told I wouldn’t need to because the items I received were essentially worthless. Also gave great advice on how to complete the process to get a full refund without returning the items. Told me where to get official documents immediately needed because I’d escalated the claim. I admit that I was totally shocked with the great service that I got from the agent. I was sure that I was going to get burned for the refund or the shipping. 

Login to Me Too

chansler5
Contributor
Contributor
What number did you call?
Login to Me Too

temp20210714c
Contributor
Contributor
calling PayPal is a joke, No humans work there
Login to Me Too

Naenae73
Contributor
Contributor
Not true
Login to Me Too

Carol-DbnHts

I don't blame PayPal as much as I blame FaceBook for publishing these fraudulent ads.  I tried contacting the Chinese company, but the email address has been "disabled".  What a surprise.  I'm out $30+ and I consider it a Life Lesson.

What surprises me is that FaceBook censors posts that don't agree with their political standards, but they continue to publish ads that are so deceiving.

Login to Me Too

ShameOnYou1
Contributor
Contributor
Agree that Facebook should do a better job screening these fraudulent sellers. After reading comments by others who had also received cheap substitutes after ordering I commented on Facebook that the customer service email posted in the ad was disabled. Facebook opted not to post my comment. How many others have been duped because they apparently value income over legitimacy? PayPal ends up stuck paying the refund.
Login to Me Too

darkfader123
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with this company. Emails bounced back, no reply from any contact details I can find. I requested a refund within 24 hours. Nothing so far. How do I call PayPal? Can't see a phone number anywhere on their site. I'm in the UK, so need a UK number please.

Login to Me Too

CW78
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly. I've used Paypal since 2000! I could dispute this with any credit card company and have my funds back in a day. Paypal is incentivizing this. 

Login to Me Too

questions3
Contributor
Contributor

Worst fraud out there right now and PayPal is horrible to work with.  After this I have switched to using Amazon exclusively.  Might pay a bit more but the resolution to receiving a bad product is much better.

Login to Me Too

questions3
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened.  Done with PayPal.  Amazon is far better 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.