cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd - scheme/fraud

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd - scheme/fraud

you were lucky, I spoke to them on the phone and they told me that they will not do anything as I have not converted the dispute for "object to send" the item into a complaint within 20 days. Too bad that when I opened the report I had not yet received the item and therefore I could not know that they would send me an item that was not what I ordered. I sent messages and phoned but there was nothing to do. I also reported the scam but apparently they don't care.

Highlighted
Contributor

Same thing, same product. We need to be sure to report the ads for the PIXEL-X store to the websites that show their ads too - Facebook and Instagram. I got snagged by an Instagram ad. The fact that one can pay by PayPal creates a level of perceived security and validity to the vendor the just simply is not true.

Matt

Highlighted
Contributor

This was my exact experience. I carefully gathered photos, receipts, and proof to submit a dispute to Paypal. Paypal required me to ship the inferior/ incorrect item to China as my only option. It would have cost $40! I stated that I did not ship it and Shenzhen refused to provide a pre-paid shipping label. Paypal replied that I LOST the dispute. I've used Paypal for TWENTY years and could not believe this. 

Paypal may as well have gone to China and made an announcement that this scam would be profitable and that Paypal would help. It's easy for any scammer:
Step 1) Advertise item worth $40 - $50 at $30

Step 2) Accept $30 via Paypal

Step 3) Mail out $5 item that is nothing like the $40 item you advertised

Step 4) Refuse any refunds, except maybe $3 or $5 if the person is really pushy

Step 5) Wait for Paypal to have your back - they want to make sure you keep your hard-earned $30 through your successful scamScreen Shot 2020-10-20 at 11.40.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-20 at 11.40.39 PM.png

Highlighted
Contributor

I was refused a refund for over a month via some bot.  I finally spoke (wrote "author") to a real person via the FB PayPal page-completely refunded and I did not have to return the item. 

Continue to dispute.  You can reopen claim/dispute.  There are instructions in this section on how- take a deep breath and scroll through them. 

It's work (primarily time) but you'll get satisfaction if you persist.

Highlighted
Contributor

The issue is that Paypal should be protecting consumers from these scams. Requiring a person to keep chasing down their $30 isn't reasonable. I've already spent more than $30 worth of my time on it. At this point, it's not about my $30. It's about Paypal facilitating a scam company taking $30 from a huge group of people. I barely blame the scammers for making money this way if there are huge US corporations helping them along.

Highlighted
Contributor

Exactly!  Just the process of filing this complaint cost me far more in time than I could hope to recover.  The fraudulent product that I received was already worth less than how much I earned in one hours time.  This is about an American company who is enabling, promoting, facilitating, and profiting from a Chinese-government owned and operated criminal enterprise.  We have already provided Paypal with a dossier of real time cases of this collusion in action.  How much further will Paypal go with their participation in victimizing the very people that they claim to protect?  They continue to handle our complaints in an arbitrary and random process designed to wear us down while reversing only a few select—particularly vocal—cases by refunding their money.  It is corrupt, criminal, and Paypal needs to account for their role.

Highlighted
Contributor

Time for all of us to file a claim with the FTC! Fair Trade Commission! 

Highlighted
Contributor

I was scammed , ordered a 17in life like doll, received a 50cent piece of plastic junk, I paid 17.25 to ship back, which made my total 58. 20, Paypal sidded with the scammers and now I have lost it all, nothing to show for my money. I thought PayPal was supposed to protect from scammers, seems they  are part of the problem. Can't even get to talk to anyone on the phone

Highlighted
Contributor

I have had exactly the same experience. Very unhappy with PayPal's failure to address what is obviously an intentional scam. I was shipped a few flimsy pieces of wood in a flat mailer (which, by the way, was postmarked from New York State -- not China). Paypal's "resolution" to this issue is that the seller will refund my $24.98 only after I spend $27 shipping the pieces of wood back to China. In failing to address this, PayPal is clearly aiding and abetting the seller's fraudulent activity.

The seller (working with someone within the US to cut down on their shipping costs) sends some scrap wood worth a dollar or two, but collects $24.98 for what is represented as a large, full featured lap desk. They agree to offer a partial refund (first $9, then $12 when I pushed back). They are aware that most people will accept the first or second offer, so they profit anywhere from $10 to $12 dollars and can continue taking in unsuspecting victims. 

Just venting, as I am doubtful PayPal will step up and do the right thing here. Incredibly frustrating that they tout "Purchase Protection: Protection you need, peace of mind you deserve," and they then fail to step up when they are assisting in an undeniable fraud scheme. 

Highlighted
Contributor

11 Pages of complaints and they haven't been removed from Paypal, What's wrong with this picture, And yes they scammed me too...