Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd - scheme/fraud

NoelDC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I ordered an item from this site, <removed>  Instead of sending me this they sent a wrong item that is much lower in value.  The seller acknowledged that they sent the wrong item.  The refused to send me the correct items so I asked for a full refund.  Now they want me to ship this back to China at my own expense.  They are only willing to refund 30% of of what I paid for if I agree to keep the item.  I said no, just want me refund.

As you can see this website is a scam, because the website owner does not ship the items.  The scam is that they take your money, send you an inferior product which costs more to ship back, so that you will accept their partial refund order.

I don't know how Pay Pal expects me to resolve this.  It seems like they are abetting this type of scam by not requiring the seller to offer a full refund and pay for the return shipping. 

Please help if you know how to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
231 REPLIES 231

Fastfail
I tried to get a refund and PayPal swung the case in the sellers favor. This is **bleep** of PayPal
Login to Me Too

Sparky883
Contributor
Contributor

I have searched high and low for a phone number to PayPal customer service and have had NO luck finding one. If anyone can see one on your platforms can you share it here? 

TIA

Login to Me Too

ldarthur
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to a live person at PayPal and was unable to get a return shipping label.  They said they would reimburse $30.  I went to the UPS store to mail the package back and to mail it was going to cost $192.   I decided to ship them empty boxes and that brought the cost down to $38.  We'll see what happens.     If any of you can figure out how to reach me, I am a Realtor in Houston Lisa <removed>, please send me details about your experiences, including the date you made your purchase and where you found the product advertised ex: FB, Google, etc..   I am going to file a formal complaint with the F T C on Monday.   I looked today and there is no complaint currently filed with the name  Haizhide.   Hopefully you will be able to find this F T C case online and add your specifics to it.    Interestingly, the F T C uses PayPall to send refunds when they are able determine fraud has been committed and are able to help refund money to the victims.

Login to Me Too

Sparky883
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much, Lisa! I'd be interested in giving you my experience details once I know what all you are needing for filing to the FTC! I also hope others join in on this journey to do the right thing for everyone involved in this and other scams. It seams this company is very good with changing its name and online appearance as well, so there may be many more involved through PayPal with them. I think I found you on Facebook and Zillow, would you like me to contact you there through FB messaging? 

Login to Me Too

SerenitySatchel
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 8 complex laptop stands for $98.50 and got cardboard cutouts. The seller offered a $48 refund; I declined. The seller offered a full refund upon return. Return shipping would be $69 with USPS. PayPal dispute center required I upload tracking within a few days to get the refund upon return receipt. My wife called in to PayPal.* Mind you, this is now 46 days after the order. We told the agent what we ordered and what we got. We informed her that we had reported the fraud to the FBI through ic3.gov, and that other users here (through this thread) had reported to the FTC. She had to jump through a few hoops, but ten minutes later we had a full refund. Our business account with a long history and high ratings of successful transactions may have contributed to her ability to fix our situation.

*Others asked how to contact PayPal by phone:

Click "Help and Contact" at the bottom of this page, possibly any page. Search for "Dispute" by typing in the search box. Click the first article that comes up. Doesn't matter what it is. Scroll to the bottom under "More Ways to Get Help" and click "Contact Us" in the bottom right. Again search for Dispute and click the first article that appears. Again, doesn't matter what it is. Scroll to the bottom of that article and click "Call Us" between the hours of 6AM-6PM PT (9AM-9PM ET). Note the number and the passcode. Jump through the million automated loops. Just saying "agent" won't work, but you will need to say "agent" a number of times, and at other times say one of the voice prompt options provided. It is a complicated AI system designed to not allow you to reach an agent, but you can outfox it if you are persistent. 

Login to Me Too

ldarthur
Contributor
Contributor

If you put in your messages to PayPal that you intend to file a complaint with F T C they will call you

Login to Me Too

SerenitySatchel
Contributor
Contributor

One the phone, we mentioned this complaint to the FTC and our own complaint to the FBI via IC3.gov. We had no problem getting our refund once we talked to a person, though getting to a person took 48 days and a lot of time waiting to the last minute for the seller to respond to dispute.

Login to Me Too

SerenitySatchel
Contributor
Contributor

To contact PayPal via phone, click "Help and Contact" at the bottom of this page, possibly any page. Search for "Dispute" by typing in the search box. Click the first article that comes up. Doesn't matter what it is. Scroll to the bottom under "More Ways to Get Help" and click "Contact Us" in the bottom right. Again search for Dispute and click the first article that appears. Again, doesn't matter what it is. Scroll to the bottom of that article and click "Call Us" between the hours of 6AM-6PM PT (9AM-9PM ET). Note the number and the passcode. Jump through the million automated loops. Just saying "agent" won't work, but you will need to say "agent" a number of times, and at other times say one of the voice prompt options provided. It is a complicated AI system designed to not allow you to reach an agent, but you can outfox it if you are persistent. 

Login to Me Too

Joanne531
Contributor
Contributor
Bought a big blowup snow glob frosty and have never got
Login to Me Too

metafaux
Contributor
Contributor

EPILOGUE:
1. The seller refuses to refund unless the substituted item is shipped back.
2. Paypal refuses to refund unless the substituted item is shipped back.
3. I have to request the shipping address twice to get it in English.
4. I go to the post office DURING A PANDEMIC and ship the item back to China.
5. I STILL have to argue with Paypal but eventually get a full refund. I have to apply for a return shipping refund separately.
and then, 4 months later...
6. The returned package, after going all the way to China, is delivered AGAIN to my house. The seller never wanted it!
7. I am given a physical reminder to never, ever, ever, ever shop with Paypal again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.