Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd - scheme/fraud

NoelDC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I ordered an item from this site, <removed>  Instead of sending me this they sent a wrong item that is much lower in value.  The seller acknowledged that they sent the wrong item.  The refused to send me the correct items so I asked for a full refund.  Now they want me to ship this back to China at my own expense.  They are only willing to refund 30% of of what I paid for if I agree to keep the item.  I said no, just want me refund.

As you can see this website is a scam, because the website owner does not ship the items.  The scam is that they take your money, send you an inferior product which costs more to ship back, so that you will accept their partial refund order.

I don't know how Pay Pal expects me to resolve this.  It seems like they are abetting this type of scam by not requiring the seller to offer a full refund and pay for the return shipping. 

Please help if you know how to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
231 REPLIES 231

Sparky883
Contributor
Contributor

They are probably all working for the same paycheck!!! 

I just got on Facebook and found that the product I purchased, or thought I was getting, is once again being offered in the same exact way for others to fall upon! https://zeroninee.com/products/terrifying-human-skull-fire-pit?fbclid=IwAR1RjHPZicSzNvM4oi4U1MfbkOJo... As soon as this item gets enough purchases they will delete this ad on FB, let it ride for a couple weeks then put it back up under yet another name! It makes me ill that PayPal is supporting this. 

Login to Me Too

ldarthur
Contributor
Contributor

Can you somehow report the ads to Facebook?  That's where I saw my pop-up advertisement that lead me down this path.   I think we're onto something about filing with the F T C.    Literally a few seconds after I messaged PayPal that I was going to do that, they called me.   I've been trying to get them to call me for months, and I said F T C and and aiding and abetting  an they called.   PayPal extended my time to mail the product back and will give a $30 refund on the shipping.

Login to Me Too

Sunspring
Contributor
Contributor

The catch-22 is that even if PayPal offers to pay $30 shipping you need a legitimate return address in China to get the refund. Earlier posters have said Shenzhen Haizhide gives purchasers bogus return addresses, so returning the item is impossible, and you won't get your refund. It looks like filing with the FTC against PayPal may be the only recourse since they have been unable or unwilling to address the scamming problem.

Login to Me Too

Sparky883
Contributor
Contributor

Think I just may do that....hope everyone else does too!! 

Here's the link but I had to space everything out so PayPal wouldn't see I was sharing it with you all

https: //  w w w ftc gov / fac/ consumer - protection/ submit - consumer - complaint - ftc

Login to Me Too

Manny77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

I have had the same issue with this seller. I thought I was buying an adjustable laptop table from the USA as it was advertised (I'm in Australia). But what I got was vastly different. The company/extortionist offered me a fraction of what I spent.  Same story as all of you here. They told me it would cost more to send it back and no guarantees that they would get it blah blah.

I did a dispute resolution through Paypal, which is set up to protect the sellers extortion not the buyer. Paypal rejected the dispute as the product I received was materialistically similar to what I ordered. The only thing that is similar was the colour of the item. 

How can you let this continue Paypal. 

I would like to know how I dispute the decision.

Login to Me Too

K8smn
Contributor
Contributor

YOU CAN REOPEN ANY CASE! I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU CALL IT INN. REOPEN THIS CASE! TELL THEM ABOUT HUNDREDS OF OTHERS ON PAYPAL COMMUNITY HELP CHAT, THEY WILL EVENTUALLY REFUND YOU AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE EVIDENCE.  THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SCAM! DONT LET THIS GO! I GOT MY REFUND TODAY!! TOOK ME 3 MONTHS OF DISPUTE. I WILL BE CLOSING ALL ACCOUNTS FROM PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

K8smn
Contributor
Contributor

Im stuck in the same boat! this company is a SCAM! and paypal is totally useless! I've been chatting and begging for help for months now! the customer service reps have been totally USELESS! I have lost ALLLLL my trust in PAYPAL! they offer no protection! they take you in circles, and have you close the convos with false hope, and leave you stranded and forced to start a new convo with a new agent and begin process all over again!! I've been stuck in this nightmare **bleep**hole for 3 months!!! after I get one back, and I will not give up until I DO! I will leave PayPal for good and warn everyone in my power to stay far away!

Login to Me Too

metafaux
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like this is ongoing, intentional fraud and PayPal's cruel joke of "purchase protection" just amounts to weak arbitration on the seller's terms. Once they offer a full refund in exchange for shipping the wrong item back at *MY* expense, Paypal's claim gives me no option but to accept those terms. Meanwhile, Paypal still profits from transactions from a fraudulent seller. They know this is happening but do nothing. Paypal SUCKS.

Login to Me Too

K8smn
Contributor
Contributor

I strongly encourage all those affected by this seller, contact PayPal customer service over the PHONE! after 3 months of debating, providing all info and given the run around, i finally called INN, I also was so fortunate to start a new case all over again (ONLINE) and meet a new customer service rep who finally reviewed all my convos and info and took it upon herself to refund me with barely any debate! PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS CAN REFUND YOU THEY ARE SIMPLY LAZY!!!! I sent her a link of this commentary to display and share that there are many other affected by this "company" I also called customer service, although a long and tedious process I reported the seller along with letting them know I will be closing my PayPal account! it is untrustworthy and frankly useless! PAYPAL KEEPS TELLING ME THERE ARE NO FILES CLAIMED AGAINST THIS COMPANY- ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE HERE HOW MANY OTHERS HAVE BEEN AFFECTED! ITS CRAZY! PAYPAL DOES NOT PROTECT YOU! YOU CAN PURCHASE DIRECTLY THROUGH YOUR CREDIT CARD AND HAVE BETTER COVERAGE THROUGH YOUR OWN BANK! CLOSE YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND TELL OTHERS! FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION!

Login to Me Too

lawnmill
Contributor
Contributor
Honestly is this a damn joke. I thought PayPal was a legit company!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.