Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd - scheme/fraud

NoelDC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I ordered an item from this site, <removed>  Instead of sending me this they sent a wrong item that is much lower in value.  The seller acknowledged that they sent the wrong item.  The refused to send me the correct items so I asked for a full refund.  Now they want me to ship this back to China at my own expense.  They are only willing to refund 30% of of what I paid for if I agree to keep the item.  I said no, just want me refund.

As you can see this website is a scam, because the website owner does not ship the items.  The scam is that they take your money, send you an inferior product which costs more to ship back, so that you will accept their partial refund order.

I don't know how Pay Pal expects me to resolve this.  It seems like they are abetting this type of scam by not requiring the seller to offer a full refund and pay for the return shipping. 

Please help if you know how to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
231 REPLIES 231

baitnswitchvic
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal keeps sending me the same email that I have been offered a full refund upon receipt of the return. Stop already! Force this fraudulent company to send me a prepaid label. I refuse to pay for the shipping! The reimbursement of 35 does not cover the cost! How many times to I have to respond “this is not helpful “ ? Stop wasting my time!
Login to Me Too

baitnswitchvic
Contributor
Contributor

I AM SHOOK.  PINCH ME!  IS IT STILL 2020?!!!!

I JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM PAYPAL:

Not as described – claim CASE CLOSED

The case was closed in your favor based on the info provided.

Hi ... My name is ..... I will be assisting you today. I am in the disputes department here with PayPal. I have reviewed you claim . The claim has been awarded in your favor. You will be receiving a email from PayPal letting you know the claim has been closed. If you need anything else please let us know. Thank you.

Okay, back on earth:  I will have to wait to see if this is for real.  But if it did:  the squeaky wheel gets the grease!  Post on Facebook, post on this scammer's FB page.  Post on every post either of them made in the last week.  POST and post again how ridiculous the situation is. carry on...and if this is not real- I'll be back.🤓

Login to Me Too

bodhimama
Contributor
Contributor

That's great! This morning I sent them a link to this thread and explained that I am not alone. I put all zeroes in for the tracking number and put this in the field where I could put text - re explained the situation, explained that I didn't have a valid address to ship to China, that the cost of shipping the items back was more than double what I paid for them and way beyond what Paypal would refund for shipping fees (DHL Express quoted me $83 to send a 1-lb package to their address). I explained that this is a fradulent company, etc.

I hope that I'm next in line to get a refund and the case decided in my favor! Crossing fingers.

Login to Me Too

ldarthur
Contributor
Contributor

Did it work?

Login to Me Too

baitnswitchvic
Contributor
Contributor

WOW!

REFUNDED.

THANK YOU PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

ldarthur
Contributor
Contributor

How did you get your refund?  I've been trying for over two months and PayPal is completely unresponsive.  I eve threatened to boycott PayPal and do as you say, post of Facebook, tell friends, etc... There is a photographer I have used routinely for years who only accepts PayPal payments and I now severing our business relationship and looking for another photographer because I will never used PayPal again after the way this has been so improperly and unethically handled.

Login to Me Too

Victoria1971
Contributor
Contributor
Dear All On Tuesday 6th October, Paypal have issued me a full refund without return the 'impossible to return' item. I also directed them here so that they can see how many of their customers are being scammed by this bunch of fraudsters and requested they stop supporting a company that is clearly cheating PayPal and its customers. They promised me they would look into it so I hope you all get a refund from PayPal, they deduct the money from Shenzhen and block their account. Good luck fellow victims of fraud. I hope PayPal resolve it for you. They did for me. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HOFGroup
Contributor
Contributor

They got me for $69.95, it is going to cost $35 to return.  There is no way of contacting PayPal, the only option I had was to put a tracking number in the system.  My tracking number was BaitandSwitch, I then explained in the comments and included pictures of what I ordered and what I received.  Today I get an email from PayPal that my claim is denied because of incorrect tracking number.  There is not way of getting through to PayPal on this.

Somebody mentioned in another comment that it is time for a class action suit, unfortunately no way of suing Shenzhen, maybe it is time to go after PayPal since they are accommodating this fraud.  It is one thing if this was a one time thing, but there are stories like this throughout the community board and PayPal is not stopping it or even trying.  Any lawyers reading this board, maybe something to look into, I am sure you can get plenty of evidence through this community.

It is a shame, I was with PayPal back when they had less than 100k customers.  I remember getting a letter from them thanking me of being the first 100k customers and that PayPal will never charge a fee.  Wish I kept that letter. 

Login to Me Too

bev42
Contributor
Contributor
Phoned paypal yesterday and got a full refund for the two plastic sharks I received. Such a scam by this company.
Login to Me Too

spacexplorer
Contributor
Contributor

Shenzhen Haizhide E-commerce Co., Ltd is a scam company and PayPal should stop processing orders to them

https-tool-mighty.store.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.