Shengmilo Electric bike

DG1952
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have experience with the website kmccu.com and T.O.P. selling a Shengmilo electric bike at a sale price of $599and using Paypal as a source for payment. I see these bikes on amazon for nearly three times that amount, so I am very suspicious and want to avoid the process of using paypal fraud system to verify. Is there away to verify paypal merchant account rating prior to using them ?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DG1952 

SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER OF THESE???

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jra11
Contributor
Contributor
No shipping # 1 week after purchase. No reply to numerous emails. Has me thinking I've been SCAMMED.
Login to Me Too

shirley2446
Contributor
Contributor
I experienced the same. No reply. I filed a dispute with PayPal. Pretty sure it’s a scam.
Login to Me Too

william301
New Community Member
I ordered this bike in January it said that it had been shipped but so far no show . I think I have been scammed but they did say it could take up to 50 days so holding my breath.will let every body know if it turns up .
Login to Me Too

shirley2446
Contributor
Contributor
The website is no longer available. www.kmccu.com. Did you place your order on that website? If so, it’s leaning toward you’ve been scammed.
Login to Me Too

Jra11
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah this is a complete scam! I lodged a dispute on with PayPal and within 1 minute ( literally 1 minute) PayPal sided in my favor and refunded my money Immediately 👍 makes me glad I always use PayPal for any online purchases.
Login to Me Too

shirley2446
Contributor
Contributor

Especially if the seller is based in China.  Glad to hear you got a positive outcome.  I was refunded by PayPal under 24 hours too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.