Shengguo Network Technology Ltd SCAM SCAM SCAM (ivy privacy fence)

lindsayaddison
Contributor
Contributor

Clicked on a Facebook ad several months ago to order the "Ivy Privacy Fence" and did the buy 8 get 3 free deal, making them roughly $15 each.  If they looked like they did online (large enough for a man and a woman to hold up and spread over about a 4ft section, double sided, then great.  It would cover my section of fence in question. The measurements online were in INCHES and I verified them several times with questions in the comments on FB.  I also asked where these were made and shipped from, always said USA.  So I bought them.  Fast forward 3 months, I receive 1 package, about 12" long and 6" wide containing 4 fence pieces.  Clearly the measurements of the fence pieces they sent were in centimeters or even millimeters as they were not even big enough for all 11 (if I had received them) to fit on one of my fence panels.  Immediately contacted seller.  No comment.  Back and forth more and more messages from me and their response was I got what I paid for.  Eventually another shipment came with 4 more so a total of 8, not the 3 free.  So I contacted PayPal.  We went back and forth for weeks to a conclusion if I send the items back they would refund me.  The address I was provided was all chinese characters (that I cant post in this page apparently as its not allowed). So I sent another message and the address was translated.  The translated address is not a recognized address with USPS or DHL, both known worldwide shippers.  So I contacted PayPal again. Back and forth on this for weeks again and basically am told that I can't get a refund unless I ship back.  Even if DHL processed the incorrect address it would cost $98-$178 to send. And there is no guarantee I would get a refund. Then I typed in the company name and see I am not the only one with this issue and PayPal.  They need to stop these crooks.  And protect their users.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jessejune12
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the exact same "deal", was charged and NEVER received ANYTHING. I opened a dispute and after 4 months PayPal says they're denying my case because "we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered." Here's the kicker; I looked up this "tracking number" and guess what? It's still showing it's not been delivered! What completely blows my mind is PayPal is clearly aware these people are scammers just from all of the disputes filed agaist them and yet they still side with them! What a joke Paypal is. We are not protected in any way by them, they just sit back and keep collecting their share from scammers. Shame on them. Here's the tracking just to back up my claim. China Post LY383433226CN. Hey Paypal, get with the program here and protect us, not them.

Login to Me Too

lindsayaddison
Contributor
Contributor

FYI, I went thru my bank who opened a case and argued like hell with PayPal and I ended up getting a refund.  All 100% of it back into my account.  I would suggest you fight and keep messaging them on the messenger page and its a pain in the butt but do it.  Contact your bank too.  My deal was I received it but in order to get a refund I had to return it  and the company couldn't provide me an address to send to and it was over $100 to the wrong address.  Good Luck.

Login to Me Too

jessejune12
Contributor
Contributor
I called PayPal after posting this and explained the tracking number debacle and they just emailed me saying they reversed their decision and are refunding me. It definitely pays to be persistent. It may have helped that I also mentioned how many disputes have been brought up against this company and the fact they’re still doing business with them is horrendous. Who knows, I’m just thankful I’m not another one of their victims.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.