Shaw academy scam

Smog3
New Community Member

I signed up for the ‘free’ course that turned out not to be as they took £99.98 out of my account. I disputed the payment but paypal found in their favour. I complained to my bank and they refunded me because of the DD guarantee, but the bank claimed money back from paypal, with the result my paypal account now frozen and they are demanding money from me to clear the account. Shaw academy refunded me half the money, which says something, but I dont understand why paypal wont believe me and have found in Shaw academies favour without telling me why.... so disappointed! And no, I didn’t access the course at all. So much for payment protection! They just say ‘case closed’!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

scalpelsharp
New Community Member

I had a similar issue. 

A seller sent me a completely different item from what was advertised. I sent the item back but the seller kept the money and ignored my emails.

Paypal closed the case even though it was  not resolved.

Messaged them on multiple occasions and the message centre is practically rubbish, they kept closing the conversations and I had to explain myself again and again as I was assigned to different agents after they closed a convo.

Can't even reopen the case by myself, the website keeps saying "We're sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again."

So much for buyer's protection!

Good luck to us 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.