Shapin Trading Company Scam

Tracylct
Contributor
Contributor

Bunch of scammers.  NO HELP FROM PAYPAL FOR REFUNDS. This place sends empty bag so they have tracking number showing delivered! 2ozs. but suppose to be mobility scooter

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

jandahogan
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to add information to your case? Surely the abundant complaints listed in this forum against this company that sends a small parcel with the tracking number identical to the one for the goods ordered. Reading through all these cases there is a common method of fraud. In my case I have sent a photo of the invoice with the tracking number and a photo of the 5 inch square parcel that was supposed to hold the dinner set I ordered. This parcel also had the tracking number from my receipt for the dinner set. I have been trying to work out how to alert the complaints department to the number of people who have experienced this fraud from Shapin but I seem to have to wait until the company responds. so far their response is to show a parcel with the original tracking number has been received - it was the same tack costume jewellery ring  that others have received.

Login to Me Too

mwknowles
PayPal needs to get it's act together!! Sent nothing! PayPal closed my dispute case saying "they were sent proof of delivery" absolute con artists and shame on PayPal. What about buyer protection??
Login to Me Too

odearyme
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the exact same problem!  Placed the order for ceramic dinner service - received a cheap ring in the mail which I hadn't ordered.  Couldn't figure it out until I read this thread where others have received the same.  How do we escalate this - I saw the same ad a few days ago so it's still circulating and it's a big fat con!  PayPal are clearly still doing the transactions.  JOKE.

Login to Me Too

IPW
Contributor
Contributor
I had a phone call with a PayPal employee when I escalated my complaint. Apparently they would investigate but I found it very hard to get through about what my concerns were. I’m still waiting on a response from Shapin but have also contacted a colleague at the BBC news so hope they will investigate too.
Login to Me Too

MoJo20

I also am in the same situation, ordered nordic plates received a christmas cracker ring with no shipping information .  Didnt realise that the "ring" was my plates until I started doing some internet research.  Posted a complaint in the resolution centre with paypal and found against as like others have a tracking number from Royal Mail.  turned out to be the ring, not my plates.  This company is making a fortune scamming people and the paypal protection means nothing clearly.  

Login to Me Too

jandahogan
Contributor
Contributor
They have this scam where they post a small trinket using the tracking number for the dinner set or camera or scooter and because that parcel gets delivered by the postal carrier they point to the delivered status as proof. Unfortunately there is no way for the investigators to tell what has been delivered. I think we need to start flooding the pay pal resolution centre with follow up calls. The problem is it’s happening in multiple countries and not everyone has realised that the weird ring or empty packet has the tracking number of the goods they have been waiting for. I can see how the investigators think it’s a random thing. You would think they would check out the complaints on this site.
Login to Me Too

UpholsteryGirl
New Community Member

I ordered two separate items (set of dishes) and had them sent to two separate addresses and neither item showed up to either address.  I did receive a crap ring at both addresses a while back now that I think about it.  I thought it was weird at the time since I didn't order any fake costume jewelry I just figured the Chinese sent me a nice fake ring instead of seeds (lol).  Anyway I opened up a dispute with PayPal and they denied it saying there was a tracking number that said delivered and I KNEW that was not right so I just made a personal phone call to PayPal and explained all the above to the nice representative and he credited both orders back to me.   

Login to Me Too

IPW
Contributor
Contributor
I have been in to PayPal with number I listed above. They are aware of the company and accept it is a scam and have refunded me complete amount.
Login to Me Too

SamisBear

I have the same issue crappy ring no dinner ware. What number do we call to get personal help from Pay Pal. They are supposed to have our backs from consumer fraud.

Login to Me Too

IPW
Contributor
Contributor
I put the number further up on a post in the last week. They recognise them as fraudulent so point that out as some operators that were not best at English shall we say did not pick up on what I was explaining. Just let them know they have the company on their investigation list.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.