Sewing Machine Scam: singouse.com

drpme
Contributor
Contributor

"Discontinued Singer Sewing Machines" website is singouse.com. One scam site records 62 complaints; other sites verify this is a scam. On 4/17/2020, I paid via PayPal for a discontinued Singer sewing machine;  the payment went to JIMENEZ LLC, which I recognized as strange. The website uses the singer logo and uses images of Singer sewing machines. However, the merchandise never arrives. Instead, a 5-cent face mask is sometimes sent to establish a tracking number. I contacted the seller through an email given to PayPal received a garbled message that they would put pressure on the delivery service to deliver the sewing machine. Both PayPal and the USPS said that the item was delivered, according to the tracking number (which was given to PayPal but not to me). We were at the mailbox at the moment the deliver supposedly was made; there was no delivery. The contact at singouse.com would not give me information about address to which the item was shipped or the specifications of the package. I have filed two cases with PayPal, which refuses to investigate, although I have supplied information to PayPal that the website is a scam. PayPal is complicit in this scam because it refuses to investigate a claim from a long-standing user and accepts false information from a website that has existed only since January 2020. As a consumer, I have no protection. I can, however, try to warn others that singouse.com, DBA DISCONTINUED SINGER SEWING MACHINES is nothing more than a moderately clever SCAM. Once you pay, you will receive no update on your purchase, no tracking number, and no shipment. If you succeed in contacting the email that singouse.com gives to PayPal, you may receive no reply, or you may receive a garbled promise that means nothing. My faith in PayPal is shaken because they refuse to investigate my claim. Is PayPal part of the scam? I think not, but PayPal is an ENABLER of this SCAM.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MaXsoniX
New Community Member

Make sure when you raise a case that you state what was delivered was significantly different to what was described. Rather than stating item not received. MY mother-in-law fell foul of a similar scam. 
PayPal will say they have proof of delivery, that’s how the scammers get round it by sending a cheap item.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Janiedough
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been scammed by this website, Singouse.com.  I have been getting the run around from PayPal and have also thought that PayPal may be a part of it as well.  I have been a PayPal customer since 2004, but they obviously don't stand behind their word that the PayPal customer is afforded certain protections when using PayPal.  The only reason that I did not think twice about the purchase is because of the PayPal logo.  My bank statements shows the PayPal wording just like my other PayPal purchases so I don't understand how PayPal thinks that I would know the difference.  Singouse PayPal.jpg

When I asked the customer rep at PayPal if I should just not trust the PayPal logo, the response was that they thought that was a good idea.  How can PayPal endorse that type of response.  I am beyond frustrated that PayPal has no problem with companies using their logos, especially when I am looking online and seeing all the complaints stating that they contacted PayPal about this company.

Login to Me Too

Anne212
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i bought a Brother sewing machine on 26th May paid 42.60 a package came this morning with a ring in it worth about 1.50 if it is that can i claim money back  from paypal 

Thanks Anne 

Login to Me Too
Solved

MaXsoniX
New Community Member

Make sure when you raise a case that you state what was delivered was significantly different to what was described. Rather than stating item not received. MY mother-in-law fell foul of a similar scam. 
PayPal will say they have proof of delivery, that’s how the scammers get round it by sending a cheap item.

Login to Me Too

drpme
Contributor
Contributor

I sent letters with elaborate documentation about singouse.com / Singer logo to PayPal, to the chargeback address, and to my credit card company. PayPal responded immediately that because I had also sought help from the credit card company, PayPal would not consider any further information from me. I replied that they continue to SUPPORT THE SCAMMERS BY FUNNELING MONEY TO THEM. I have some hope that the bankcard company will follow up on my documentation, but I am amazed that PayPal has no interest in ending its participation in the scam. I will cancel my PayPal account as soon as I can arrange an alternative for my eBay account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.