Serious problem!! Is this a scam?? Seller's refund did not complete

dentalx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, everyone

Today is September 17, 2018. I have still not received any refund from the seller, I decide to write down what happened in the last 30 days, and I hope me or the seller, or anyone can work something out here, I really need my refund back, thanks!

On Aug-16, I brought a dental scanner from a seller on eBay, I paid for it immediately and asked the seller before he ships it, send me some pictures of the item and shipping label, this is because I had a shipping problem with another seller on eBay before so I asked for item pictures and shipping label each time I buy something valuable. 

On Aug-21, He agreed and sent me a picture looks like a scanning copy of a USPS shipping label, shows this item was shipping from LUTZ FL to Irvine CA, with all my information are correct, so I had to wait for the item and track the USPS status every day.

On Aug-27, I was supposed to receive my scanner, after one day stayed at home for the scanner, I had not received anything, the tracking shows "Unable to deliver item, problem with address", I have all the information correct on my shipping label, how would there be any problem? I went to the local USPS office on Aug-28, people from the USPS told me the item was returned back to the sender. 

On Aug-28, After I sent a message to the seller, he replied me : 

"Hello, USPS has just contacted me informing that there was an address mistake. The item was shipped to the wrong address. USPS returning your package to me as "unknown address" and "undeliverable." I will resend your item to the correct ASAP via expedited for free and let you know the tracking #. USPS says that it will be returned to me on Friday, August 31th. As soon as it does I will send it via expedited delivery for free. Thank you."

Ok, for right now, I guess I could only wait.

On Aug-31, the seller told me the USPS contacted him again and said the item took longer to get back, because of the weather condition. 

On Sep-06, Finally, he said he received my item back. he said:

"Hello, I've just received your item back. I'll ship it through UPS first thing tomorrow morning. Thank you."

Ok, I hope this time the UPS do their job better, and I asked him for the UPS tracking number.

I kept messaging him asking for the UPS tracking number, I had not got any reply until Sep-11, he replied me with the UPS tracking number, I tracked this UPS number online, wired things found. 

1, This item was using the UPS SurePost service, not the UPS ground, it basically is equal to the USPS, not like he said "expedited delivery".

2, This item was departed on Sep-07, on Saddle Brook, NJ, the last USPS tracking shows the original item has arrived at the post office of LUTZ, FL on Sep-05, he said he received it on Sep-06, that means the item shipping through the UPS IS NOT the original item he sent me through the USPS.

3, the UPS tracking shows the total weight of the item, it shows 2.70 lbs, this is too light for a scanner, in item description, the seller mentioned a laptop is included with the scanner, but even without the laptop, 2.70 lbs is still too light. 

Obviously, I am not receiving my item, so after I checked this UPS tracking online on Sep-11, I messaged him I want the refund, and I opened a eBay case, I did not receive any item and I want my money back. 

When I entered into my PayPal account, I surprisingly found he actually "refund" me on Aug-27, and of course, it is not in my account. PayPal sent me an email said: "Seller's refund did not complete.

After I opened the eBay case on Sep-11 (there was another case on Aug-27 about this transaction, which has already closed because I did not click "I have received my refund", I actually did not receive anything), the seller issued me another refund on Sep-12, today is Sep-17, after 5 days pending, PayPal sent me a email again:"Seller's refund did not complete.

the funniest thing is, even he issued me a "refund" on Sep-12, he messaged me on Sep-13 :"Good news! UPS will be in your area and will deliver your package a day early! Thanks.

Not surprisingly, I have not receive anything on Sep-13, the UPS shows it "delivered", but I have no idea what is this "item" and where is the "item" right now.

the seller sent me a message on Sep-14 said:

"Hello, I am adding funds from my saving bank account to my PayPal account. It would take 3-5 business days according to PayPal. 
I could only send you a PayPal eCheck today. However it would take 3-5 business to clear too. A full refund will be send soon."

at that time his "refund" was pending, but today Sep-17, PayPal told me your second refund did NOT complete AGAIN!

I do not trust him anymore, what should I do to get my money back at this time? anyone can help?

Thanks for reading my long post, really feel despair at this moment, I will send this post to eBay and PayPal official, hope they can help. 

THANKS !

1537216053050.jpg1537216087121.jpg1537216106681.jpg

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

dentalx
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply! I am 99% sure this is it. a little bit stressed out at this time.

For right now, it is the best if I escalate this case in PayPal resolution center? 

Thank you !

Login to Me Too

Drlector
Contributor
Contributor

don't worry. Paypal will refund your money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.