Sent wrong item, seller refuses to acknowledge

lordretro
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a music box that was supposed to be etched with "Queen" play Bohemian Rhapsody.  When it arrived, it plays a completely different song and has "The Godfather" logo.  Every single email with "Belle" from the Chinese store has not acknowledged that they sent the wrong item - they keep calling it "Not satisfied with my purchase" or similar.  The very first email after I said I got the wrong item tried to say that it was a difference in my  computer display settings or monitor that caused it to look different!

All they have offered me is a refund if I ship it back to China.  I'm not paying international shipping costing more than I paid for the item!  I'd be at a bigger loss than I am now!  After numerous emails they finally offered me a partial refund, and upon inquiry - 15%, or $2.10.  

All I wanted was what I ordered, and they have never once offered to get THAT for me, even though I have asked in almost every email.  Heck, I'd even pay the shipping to send it back if I got it, because the wrong one is actually fairly well made and sounds decent, it's just not what I ordered.

I escalated my dispute to Paypal and now I'm locked in a "Seller agreed to refund after product has been returned, submit tracking number" and can't reply anywhere that it's bogus to expect me to pay more money because the seller sent the wrong item!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lordretro 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lordretro
Contributor
Contributor

My issue with that is that I'm not shipping back my item.  I never received my item.  I bought something and never received it and now I'm expected to pay MORE MONEY to resolve it?

I was sent a random piece out of their warehouse and now it's my responsibility to return it on my own cost just to get refunded the money they got from me despite never actually providing me with what I paid for?

Every single time I've ever gotten the wrong item until now, the seller has either let me keep it as an apology or sent a pre-paid shipping label as it was their mistake and theirs to rectify, all while still sending out my actual item (or refunding in full if no longer available).  This seller won't even admit that what I received was not what I purchased, and just keeps repeating "not satisfied with purchase" and has never even hinted at sending me what I actually ordered.

Login to Me Too

lordretro
Contributor
Contributor

Decided to take a look around their site and there are no addresses on anything.  Checked over their terms and conditions and found this : 

"We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected."

So avoid shopping at "RudyTop" because they flat out state in their terms they won't fix anything.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lordretro 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lordretro
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute with my Credit Union that issued my card.  I'm hoping for a positive outcome because they have been amazing with resolving any of the very few issues I've had.  Hopefully it helps that this is my very first payment dispute I've had to open with them in the over 10 years I've had my account.

Login to Me Too

Changbang
Hello did you by any chance have any luck with your credit union? I’ve experienced the same issue you’ve had and I’m so upset. I don’t know what to do
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.