Selling nightmare!

daled7
New Community Member

I sold a VR headset back in April.  Buyer claimed "item not as described" claiming the cable had a defect...I agreed to take it back "in original like-new condition". He returned it with obvious use...and when I showed him by a video that it worked perfectly, he acknowledged he'd made errors in setting it up and agreed to take it back. Several months later, I get a notice from Paypal that his bank was investigating a dispute he'd initiated at the start of this...and subsequently requested refund from Paypal, which then deducted purchase price plus $20 fee from my account for them to go into negotiations with Wells Fargo (buyer's bank).  After several week's delay, I get an email that bank had resolved this in favor of the buyer! This then began a lengthy process of calls, and finally emails to buyer, who acknowledges that bank should have dropped this.  He says Wells Fargo recharged his account, but I've tried multiple ways of disputing this and get NO HELP FROM PAYPAL.  In fact, it's nearly impossible to challenge the "resolution".  Can anyone help before I contact an attorney or a government official?  Paypal is unfairly holding nearly $400. I can't believe how vulnunerable I am as a seller!  SELLERS BEWARE!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.