Selling and money held

Jonnyboy1973

Buyer has said payment was unauthorised after buying item off me via eBay and when I messaged him he said it was some kind of mistake now PayPal has given him money back I’m foaming and eBay won’t help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jonnyboy1973 

Was it a digital item? If so then your transaction is not eligible for seller protection. Who you sold to may not be who you paid sometimes; accounts can be hacked or used without someone's permission.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jonnyboy1973 

Was it a digital item? If so then your transaction is not eligible for seller protection. Who you sold to may not be who you paid sometimes; accounts can be hacked or used without someone's permission.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jonnyboy1973
No it was car parts he received them ok as I have tracking number he never disputed via eBay and there saying they can’t help seems like a loop hole to me il ring PayPal tomorrow just wondering if anyone has had same problem
Login to Me Too

Jonnyboy1973
Do you have any advice mate? I’m gona ring PayPal tomorrow and see if I can dispute this as it’s fraud I think you can’t just buy something then say it was unauthorised and receive refund surely!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.