Seller won't refund lost package UPS confirmed lost.

ToshWick
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I opened a dispute with a seller over a lost package via UPS. UPS has resolved the issue on their end by completing an investigation stating the package is lost and will pay for it. However, UPS has a contract with the seller making it impossible for me to work directly with UPS but rather must be done by the seller who will then refund me. 

The problem is the seller is not following up with UPS at all and keeps denying my refund request because the tracking number is still showing "The receiver arranged to pick up this package at a UPS facility. / We're unable to deliver your package on schedule." Even though this was 4 months ago and I have a completed UPS claim stating "The search for your package is complete. We have been unable to locate your package. We will forward the search results to the shipper."

I waited so long to start this claim because initially the seller company was working on the issue and even started the refund process with UPS but according to a kind UPS agent,  they informed me that the seller company had sent them inadequate invoice docs to prove the value of the package. Now for some reason the seller is refusing to complete refund process all together by referring to the tracking number info and they can't do anything else.

At this point the dispute is waiting for the seller to reply and I am worried that I will not be able to provide my side of the situation if the shipper only provides the tracking number since it does not show the whole picture of this situation. I have read that you can upload documents but no matter where I look I cannot find this option and have already sent an email to PayPal with the forms from UPS proving its lost and asking them to enable document upload on my end. 

Anyone who has been in this similar situation as a buyer what is your advice or insight I could be doing right now to help my claim? Thank you for reading.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gottin1
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having a similar issue with a purchase from Mercari. UPS did not deliver a package to my house. I was home and have security cameras that start at my driveway to my door. UPS marked it as delivered. UPS won’t even tell me where it was delivered without the seller initiating an investigation. Mercari automatically releases money 3 days after delivery so the seller received my $130. I told the seller they will not be out any money, in several messages, I just need them to initiate the investigation so UPS can take responsibility for my loss, they still will not respond back after the initial statement that they saw it was delivered. It’s ridiculous UPS doesn’t protect the buyer considering the buyers are the ones that are out money and item. If the seller is a piece of sh** like Derrick Adu in/near Doraville GA. they have no interest to help because they already received the money! Mercari won’t step in to help either. I’m sorry you’re going through something similar. Unfortunately I have no advise. I just wanted others to be aware this is occurring. UPS is just protecting themselves knowing some sellers are not going to bother getting involved to god forbid, help someone else. UPS then won’t have to take responsibility for their mistakes. It’s greedy and sad!
Login to Me Too

AL122020
New Community Member
Ive had same issue with wish they refuse refund as item will not arrive in their warehouse. kept sending proof (to them and paypal) emails from hermes that amitted they lost parcel and 'postage' tracking but still lost my case.. next steps are financial ombudsmen to see if they will help with refund and international trading standards to report WISH, need people to be made aware of issue
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.