Seller want to scam me with money which he gave me for defective item

maiorkam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a big problem with a scammer. I bought from him an iphone display in Jan 2021. Display must be OLED (good quality) , but was cheep chineese copy. I told to seller that I want to send it back. He offered me and sent 20 usd and not to send it back. I said ok. Now he open a case and claim as buyer and claim "item not received". I am never sold him an item. What can I do ? I wrote a message to PP support on 29 Mar that he sent me chineese copy display. Please for help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maiorkam 

The seller improperly refunded with goods and services payment, instead of refunding from within the original transaction, to try to dispute the $20 USD back.

If you did not open a dispute on your iPhone display transaction, I would do so now, for Significantly not as described dispute to return item to get full refund. If you do not want to do that because seller is sneaky, and you paid by credit card, open a chargeback instead through your card issuer. 

Since you’re not going to win the $20 transaction, might as well refund and try to get money back for the phone display with credit card chargeback. 

When you do the credit card chargeback explain what the seller tried to do and you had to refund the partial refund because the seller disputed it back, now you want full refund for counterfeit item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

maiorkam
Contributor
Contributor

I explain everyting to pp support, but no onebelieve me. I lost the case, This is awfull. He stolen money from me. I even send a message to support befor 3 months taht his item is crap. Why pp do not help to me. They see that I never sold items.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.