Seller unable to send refund

Danik56
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case opened and upgraded to claim for goods not as described.

Seller since agreed to provide full refund but says he can't issue a refund as long as as a claim is pending.

Is this true and if so how do we proceed to enable the refund ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Danik56,

Thank you for your post! It is not correct that the seller cannot refund a payment that has been held for a dispute. The seller has the option through the dispute to choose to refund the payment. Please do not ever close a dispute if you have not received the item exactly as described, or a refund for the item. A dispute or claim that has been closed by the buyer cannot be reopened, so closing the dispute or claim would leave you without protection.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Danik56
Contributor
Contributor

In fact, I did not have the option to close the case as it was still beeing reviewed, so I assume the seller was trying to manipulate me to ask Paypal to close it. Which I did not, and at the end Paypal ruled in my favor and the refund was issued.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Danik56,

Thank you for the update! I'm very glad to hear that it worked out that way!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.