Seller threatens court after Dispute

Steve2871
Contributor
Contributor
I’m looking for a little bit of guidance to see where I stand. Basically I ordered something from an online shop not eBay for around 900 pounds. The seller ended up delivering entirely different items but they didn’t even give me a tracking number or tell me items were going to be delivered. A random van turned up with their own company name on it and it turns out they just drop off the stuff themselves with no delivery company involved. I also made several other orders to this order and paid directly via card which I have never received a refund for which I consider a loss.. I contacted them and they said they would get back to me. They then ignored me and didn’t get back to me and it was getting close to Christmas so I filed an item not received claim as I didn’t want to be dealing with this over Christmas and wanted PayPal to get involved. Anyway escalated to PayPal and won my money back. And then I receive threats from the company that if they don’t receive all the items back immediately then he will take me to court and claim all his solicitor fees anyway I know he can’t claim those fees in the courts as it’s an empty threat but still can’t help but think what on Earth I am supposed to do. I am more than happy to provide the items available to collect but if they send a random van to collect I’m going to have little evidence with no tracking number and also the fact that they then claim I have sent different items back and not what I ordered... What’s my best course of action here?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve2871 

Seller can't open disputes and as your is closed and you were refunded and the dispute closed that is an end to it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Steve2871
Contributor
Contributor
He’s not talking about a dispute he’s talking about court. Would I be right in thinking his claim would be against PayPal not me then? As I’ve basically claimed on my insurance policy (PayPal buyer protection) and PayPal rules in my favor
Login to Me Too

Steve2871
Contributor
Contributor
Anyone got any input? He is still sending threatening emails after I even sent the goods back claiming he doesn’t accept the goods back as they are damaged! Well duh! That’s why I was returning them
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.