Seller threatening to sue although cases have been closed in my favor!

saralara01
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am having a problem that I hope I can get some advice on. I purchased two pairs of shoes from a company in another state and upon receiving them, they were counterfeit/fake. I paid for multiple authentication companies to confirm this just to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake in thinking that they were fake. After ordering, I noticed that the company had several reviews from people saying that they had been scammed in different ways as well. I reached out to the company and received no emails back. I even reached out on social media and was ignored. I paid for the two pairs in separate orders with two different cards so I ended up having to open two cases. Initially, Paypal mentioned returning the shoes but due to shipping counterfeit/pirated goods being illegal here, they closed both cases in my favor and I thought that would be the end of it. The seller has now appealed one case, but not the other and sent me an email saying that they have yet to receive the returned items and paypal has offered to help in the case of a report & lawsuit If they do not receive the items back. The appeal was just opened today on their end and still requires their response but in the meantime should I contact an attorney for legal advice? Can this seller sue me over this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.